Basic DSLR camera?

Caporegime
What size storage card do you use most of time and can you get a few hundred shots on it?
Regarding the viewfinder, that's what I meant. Looking through the viewfinder and not at the LCD screen. Just wondering if the small amount of lens dust that both lens I'm buying apparently have a little of, will be seen through the viewfinder.

The 5D, if you see dust through the viewfinder, the dust won't be in the photo, dust when you look through the viewfinder could be on the mirror (NEVER, EVER touch it) or on the focus screen (above the mirror), NEVER EVER touch that either. I wouldn't even blow air up that. The focus screen has micro ridges, honestly you will make it worse by trying to clean it. You can blow air on the mirror but that's about it. The mirror is cover with silver something (nitrate?), the coating is on the surface and easily scratched so never touch it.

The 5D 2 actually has a user-replaceable focus screen, I've done it myself. if you are THAT desperate to clean it. Personally, it's only an annoyance as dust on either don't appear on the photo.

If you see dust on the photo (you can test it by putting the 50mm lens on, put it to like F/16. ISO 100 and then put it into Av mode and point it at the sky and take a photo, while the shutter is open, WAVE it around fast. Anything not moving is dust on the sensor.

I have a lot of memory card, actually I have lots of CF cards not used as my Sony don't use them. I have anything frmo 4G to 128G size and everything in between. Whatever price you see for them on Amazon, I can sell them to you at half price if you like, I am not using it anymore. Drop me a message.

Soldato
OP
Thanks Raymond, I will most definitely buy a CF card from you. The Sandisk 32gb one I linked on the previous page looks ideal if you have that, or even a 16gb card with fast write speed.

Back
Top Bottom