Bathroom Cost

Associate
What is the average cost of a bathroom renovation? Small Bathroom with shower over the bath. Honestly I just worry as you read a lot about dodgy tradesmen!

Soldato
How long is a piece of string, depends on what sort of tiles and fittings you go for. 4-5k seems to be low average by recent threads on here.

Associate
OP
Maybe I should have asked how do you know when a tradesman isnt dodgy? Had my fingers burnt by so called kitchen fitter. Who turned out to be a glorified handyman. Who is actually setting up his own luxury bathroom company.

Soldato
Maybe I should have asked how do you know when a tradesman isnt dodgy?

This is one of the few genuine uses of Facebook. Find a well used local group page, get recommendations of people who have actually used someone. Start getting quotes from the people that have multiple recommendations.
You can ask for pictures of the results as well.

Soldato
This is one of the few genuine uses of Facebook. Find a well used local group page, get recommendations of people who have actually used someone. Start getting quotes from the people that have multiple recommendations.
You can ask for pictures of the results as well.
Not 100% on this anymore. Did it to find a roofer, paid over the odds based on the facebook recommendations, was a crap job. Seems a lot of the recommendations were honeys who fancied him and his mates.

Soldato
We're about to completely replace our en-suit which is roughly 3.5m * 2.5m. It's all coming out, complete replaster, moving things about, tiles, new everything and I've got it coming in at between £7k-£9k.

Soldato
Not 100% on this anymore. Did it to find a roofer, paid over the odds based on the facebook recommendations, was a crap job. Seems a lot of the recommendations were honeys who fancied him and his mates.

Yeah, you do have to try to weed out recommendations which are the fellas wife and the like.

Associate
Works Description
1 Rip out existing bathroom suite disposing into skip provided by customer
2 Install shower pump supplied by customer
3 Replasterboard where necessery
4 Form studwork at shower end of bath to hide pipework etc
5 Paint ceiling including supplying all paint
6 Fit new lighting and extractor fans supplied by customer
7 Tile all walls & floor. Customer supplying tiles, we'll be supplying adhesives,grout & trims
8 Fit new 1800mm bath, panel, with bar mixer shower and shower screen
9 Fit vanity unit and basin
10 Fit toilet with concealed cistern
11 Fit new towel radiator including relocating pipe work

The above cost me £3250 last year. Supplies cost me around 3k.

Caporegime
We are paying £45K, but it is a bigger job needing to knock down a small internal wall, rip out the old bathroom, re-tile.
Every little piece seems reasonably priced and I don't mind paying good money for good labour. But it all adds up, abd some things seem very expensive like glass panelling for the shower or adding a spotlight etc.

Caporegime
as i said, a small internal wall knocking down. New plumbing and electrical work, new tiling, moving a vent in the roof etc.

Back
Top Bottom