Bathroom radiator adjustment

Soldato
It’s not a double - I’m concerned about taking off a radiator and causing a whole leak / problems. Don’t have the money right now to get someone else out. Is it an easy job?

If you can get one the same exact width, but in double. You can just isolate it, change over, then top system up and bleed.
If you need to do any pipework, it's a bit more work, obviously!

Associate
It’s not a double - I’m concerned about taking off a radiator and causing a whole leak / problems. Don’t have the money right now to get someone else out. Is it an easy job?

Have you got a picture of your current radiator. Going off your first picture I'm guessing that it's a chrome towel radiator? If so they don't really output much heat. If you want to stick to a towel radiator a flat bar one would work better. Also chrome radiators give off less heat that a normal white or anthracite powder coated one of exactly the same size and style.

Installing a replacement is fairly straightforward if you get one the same width/pipe centres, providing you're happy bleeding and topping up your system to the correct pressure.

Back
Top Bottom