Batman Arkham Origins

Associate
I would say the story is better.

the world is not as polished as AC. Not as many grapple points when gliding and so on.

This REALLY annoys me and is totally illogical, it makes sense if developers don't want players climbing too high but when the "grapple-able" buildings are sometimes taller than the ones you cant climb it feels stupid and frustrating.

The combat was also tweaked so that you cant counter if you are already executing a standard attack, it feels unfair to have your combo wiped when an enemy attacks you after you have already made your attack decision.

The general lack of polish in the menus and loading screen does make the presentation fall short of the previous games but overall what I have played has been more of the same fantastic batman formula.

Soldato
Yeah I had that problem with the counter system also. Seemed to me that I was hiting counter at the right time but still getting hit which was ****ing me off to say the lest.
The game was fantastic mind when you went into a building to complete a mission just a shame that the rest if the game is not as polished but over all I loved it.

Soldato
I've just completed the main storyline and really, really enjoyed it.

IMO the storyline was brilliant it was nice to see Alfred and Batman interacting, and I wish this sort of relationship occurred more in Batman Begins.
The Joker and Batman relationship was fairly good as well, even if it was a bit 'unrealistic' seeing as this is supposed to be the first time he's met the Joker.

Good Points
  • Storyline
  • Fighting (sometimes)
  • Boss Battles
  • Sidequests

Bad Points
  • Fighting - sometimes when you press the counter button you don't counter and then get hit. This has led to me getting punched repeatedly taking away a lot of health
  • Frame rate issues
  • The grappling hook grabs places which don't seem obvious, and won't grab places you should be able to get :/
  • AH the biggest problem is that there is no real innovation over the prior games!

It's definitely worth a go if you like the previous games, but Rocksteady made a better quality game overall, the storyline in this trumps the prior games though

Last edited:
Soldato
I only started playing this last night, but I am LOVING it. I haven't played the previous games, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the free-roaming absolutely massive Gotham map and being able to swing around. It's like BAT GTA!

Soldato
10 hours of play, loaded it up, and no matter what direction I travel in I fall through the map into water, climb out and repeat. Got a timer going for a mission as well...

Annoyed doesn't begin to describe how I feel and if it wasn't a Christmas present it'd be going back :(

Soldato
10 hours of play, loaded it up, and no matter what direction I travel in I fall through the map into water, climb out and repeat. Got a timer going for a mission as well...

Annoyed doesn't begin to describe how I feel and if it wasn't a Christmas present it'd be going back :(

What system?

Associate
There seems tonnes more to do than in Arkham City. I like it, but still have the same niggly issues Ive had since Asylum. Blade Dodge Takedown is impossible to pull off consistently, and when will the devs learn that not one single gamer on the planet thinks the suit damage is a good idea?

By the end of the game your cape is like swiss cheese and looks ridiculous

Back
Top Bottom