• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Batman™: Arkham Knight Performance

Soldato
***UPDATE***

Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment has re-introduced the refund policy to one of the most cluster **** of a PC release in recent times:

We are very sorry that many of our customers continue to be unhappy with the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight. We worked hard to get the game to live up to the standard you deserve but understand that many of you are still experiencing issues.

Until the end of 2015, we will be offering a full refund on Batman: Arkham Knight PC, regardless of how long you have played the product. You can also return the Season Pass along with the main game (but not separately). For those of you that hold onto the game, we are going to continue to address the issues that we can fix and talk to you about the issues that we cannot fix.

Thank you,

Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/128710596369779495

Latest Patch Notes(24/11/15):

Batman: Arkham Knight - PC Update November 24th Changelog:

Fixed a hitch during some game saves
Fixed a Windows 10 issue causing the game to be unresponsive on launch when the keyboard language was set to Japanese, Japanese Microsoft IME, Korean, Chinese (Traditional) or Chinese (Simplified)
Fixed minor delay when aiming a gadget when playing with a keyboard and mouse
Fixed a bug causing full screen movies to play at half the monitor’s refresh rate on some systems
Fixed players sometimes not being able to counter the Mini-Gun Brute after being spotted when playing as Nightwing or Batman
Fixed a performance drop that occurred when encountering Man-Bat for the first time
Fixed some Multi-Monitor specific bugs
Some improvements to mouse and keyboard bindings
Improved VRAM management to reduce framerate hitches
Stability improvements for rare crash issues
Fixed an issue causing certain types of lights & shadows to render incorrectly
Fixed an issue causing the game process to occasionally remain running in the background for a period of time
Fixed the Knightfall Protocol not being able to activate under certain conditions
Fixed a progression blocker that could occur in Stagg Airships when leaving the predator room after only knocking out one of the guards
Fixed damage states for Batman’s V8.03 skin in Story Mode after selecting an alternate skin for AR Challenges
Fixed missing rain effects on several Batman skins (fix for 1970s and Arkham Origins skins coming soon)
Added support for new DLC releasing on November 24th
Play as other characters in AR predator challenges

Made a comparison video for fun showing Nvidia effects off and on :)

Just a rough performance guide for those interested given the updated specs, if anyone wants to make an official BM thread feel free, I'm not making a scoreboard:

BM result and settings, Stock 970/[email protected]:

heDqNTp.jpg
i9yd3OB.png

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
^
And what if you've got all the games and the season pass?

What should you get then?

Compare using launch day settings then, launch had no 'high' options as well as other things missing. You've gained 3 fps and put all the settings up a notch, not bad surely?

Not convinced anything else has actually been added in that originally wasn't there by default or just a case of shuffling options about as it looks more or less the same to me.

Anyway whether it has/hasn't it is running a hundred times better now, at least they came back to try and get it fixed.

Soldato
OP
They most likely get paid to use it just like AMD pay EA/DICE for their "sponsored" titles.

It is funny though how every game that has gameworks seems to be game breaking buggy... where as the majority of AMD's sponsored games run without any serious problems with the exception of BF 4 :p If it is the developers fault then why are nvidia letting them use their tech. in broken games... also, what about all those people that go on about how nvidia work closely with the developers to get the best experience for nvidia/PC gamers, surely with all these buggy titles lately, that theory has gone right out the door?

Exactly.

Eventually the realism will sink in that the devs don't actually make the decisions on what's included to make their job 'easier', it's decided for them with a big fat cheque.

If it truly made life easier, every single upcoming title would include GW's code.:p

Soldato
OP
Greg, This game is notorious, it has a reputation, there are still complaints of it running badly.

I you wish to proclaim (Counter to reputation and current complaints) something runs well then FPS are integral to that.

Its a little daft to put up a video claiming it runs well and complain when people point out its not proof at all because its missing the vital component.
It looks like someone who assumes people are idiots and then gets defensive when he realises they ain't.

Agreed.

My contradictory observation came from observation of his insistence stating(mostly all the way through the thread words to the effect of) 'running great' from the off, when it clearly wasn't yet it's still 'running great', yet I'm singling him out on page 39.:o

Soldato
OP
PCG review:

As a game, Arkham Knight is good. You’ll probably enjoy it, especially if you love Batman. But as a product, it’s a mess. Even after several patches and the embarrassment of being pulled from Steam shortly after it went on sale, it’s still running horribly for a lot of people. A significant number of players are suffering low frame-rates and hitching—even with powerful machines that are well above the recommended specs—and that can’t be ignored.

With 16GB of RAM and a GTX 970, I was able to play in 1080p at a reliable 60 frames per second with most settings maxed. Except for some stuttering when the screen got really busy, I was able to enjoy the game. But because the experience varies so wildly between systems, it’s not a game I can comfortably recommend to everyone. And the inconsistent reports about its performance mean I can’t even give you a vague idea of what kind of setup will be able to run it properly.

http://www.pcgamer.com/batman-arkham-knight-review/

Soldato
OP
You see this still isnt right, even with your spec there are drops down from 90 fps to 60 and back again, for no apparent reason, no extra detail on screen etc.

Then you just extrapolate that out to people with slightly lesser hardware, and the game is still a mess.

Me for example with a boosted 970 and an overclocked I5 2500K and 16GB of RAM still get frequent drops even with fancy stuff turned off at 1080p.

Will it ever be fixed? I think if you throw enough hardware at it you can make it seem playable, but is it just engine issues that will never play nice on PC?

Just think it's broken and they have polished it up to run as best it can.

That's a fair few vids@1440p running TX's and high end cpu's, (skipping through them just in case of spoilers)as reported on numerous different sources-they all hit hitching and dropped to 50fps at times.

Considering UE3 can run high fps with ease and taking into account hardly anyone's running that kind of fire power, that performance is a pretty poor showing tbh.:(

Soldato
OP
Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment has re-introduced the refund policy to one of the most cluster **** of PC releases in recent times:

We are very sorry that many of our customers continue to be unhappy with the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight. We worked hard to get the game to live up to the standard you deserve but understand that many of you are still experiencing issues.

Until the end of 2015, we will be offering a full refund on Batman: Arkham Knight PC, regardless of how long you have played the product. You can also return the Season Pass along with the main game (but not separately). For those of you that hold onto the game, we are going to continue to address the issues that we can fix and talk to you about the issues that we cannot fix.

Thank you,

Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/128710596369779495

Back
Top Bottom