Battery inflator or small compressor?

Thanks for the info its good to hear first hand experience of a compressor, i'm still so undecided as i can't really justify spending more than 100odd quid on anything at the moment so i'd only be getting into the low end compressors which probably would be no good for air tools. I don't really have the space in the garage for a really big compressor or the money to buy it and to be honest so doubt i'd get a whole lot of use out of air tools as i already have a few battery ones and don't do as much car stuff as i used to so it'd pretty much just be for blowing up tyres and blowing stuff off, only thing which would be useful is one of those needle scaler things to chip off the **** from welding but as i think that's essentially an air chisel i doubt the smaller compressors would run one well?

Also thanks for all the other people recommending plug in inflators which i've said about 5 times i have no interest in :p

Check out Facebook market place first. Plenty on there. I paid £300 for mine second hand :).

Battery powered has been brilliant last couple of days for adjusting tyre pressures on various vehicles on the fly with the changeable temperatures and often cold. Far less hassle than moving a wired one around.

I got one of these, battery powered but can use cigerette charge it if dies out on the road..usually 30-35quid off the bay

im trying to compare it to this one

does your one auto shut off ?

do you know the time it takes to pump a wheel up from flat?

Alao, a new one on the bay is £50, the £35 one is used

Last edited:

Never inflated from flat, probably wont last on battery power alone or maybe just about fill a tyre up, I would plug it in the cigarette lighter socket for that.
It will auto shut off at set psi/bar. They have gone up in price, I got it for around £32.

If you have mains: https://www.aldi.co.uk/ferrex-portable-compressor/p/815405604340500

Last edited:

I can tell you the ring one has auto shut off and it works very well. It can also pump a Berlingo tyre up from dead flat in about 5 mins or maybe less as I wasn't timing it.

Got the Ring RCT1000 recently. Only needed to use it once to top up my tyres but was dead easy to use. 12v power, has a light fwiw, and an easy to use twist dial to set target pressure with auto shut-off.

Last edited:
Funny enough I bought a 12v battery Guild one from Argos Friday. I put my winter wheels on the other week and because they have been standing for a few years they are seeping air round the rim - Dash warning came up while out and using compressor when got home in all that cold was a faff so got this - 12v also pluigs into car12v -set pressure you want and leave it running - One tyre I need to take in to be done but at least I can stop and pump them up
£45 from Argo.
My old 50ltr compressor had a hole in tank so scrapped it and bought a mini one - Bit of a mistake really but I do have a propane tank I set up to plug compessor into.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom