*** Battlefield 1 ***

Associate
the new map on the cte looks great but needs some fixing, too many cavalry and the terrain makes it hard to shoot a lot of the time with all the slopes and bits of rocks people bump up and down on.

Soldato
the new map on the cte looks great but needs some fixing, too many cavalry and the terrain makes it hard to shoot a lot of the time with all the slopes and bits of rocks people bump up and down on.

The horses are a mare if you don't keep an eye out, but 2 or 3 of you with sub-machineguns or lmgs will shred them quickly. Also they have a tendency to set off anti tank mines (sometimes without even having to shoot the mines as the get close to you). It's very easy to trap them.

Caporegime
I really hope for the next bf they get rid of that bloody lame melee animation, nothing better than being locked in at close range only for someone to virtually teleport through your shots and get a cheap kill, i think at this point anything in close ends up with people mashing the melee button and hoping for the best. What was wrong with regular melee kills that took a few hits and didn't have any kind of cheapness to them? Oh right, dice likes gimmicky animations regardless of how it affects the game-play.

Soldato
Yeah, I agree, the melee animation shouldn't be present in the game. I know they've nerfed the bayonet charge recently and it is significantly better than it used to be, but it's still very annoying when you're on a great killstreak and then get finished off by a randomer who you don't see and have no chance to react to. In fact I'd go as far as to say that one-hit melee kills shouldn't be a thing at all. When the enemy team is spread out it is far too easy to be stabbed in the back by an enemy and it seems like a completely no-skill game mechanic. I've decided to delve into the CTE, I really want to try some of the new content and was getting a bit bored of the regular maps.

edit: also, I know it's not realistic but I wish only enemy footsteps were audible. I use headphones and I frequently find myself hearing footsteps, turning to look thinking that they are an enemy only to realise they are a teammate. Often this is enough of a distraction that I then get killed by an enemy that happens to be nearby.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Some sections of some maps are almost unplayable due to the lighting effects as well, Ballroom Blitz indoors in the corridors has some mad glare effect going on that makes it look like someones at the end of a corridor with a massive torch. People just seem to randomly appear due to this and its really off-putting. You would think being able to see down a corridor during the day is something that nobody could manage to **** up, then dice enters the fray...Presumably this was tested and nobody seen any issues with it? ...ok

Soldato
Some sections of some maps are almost unplayable due to the lighting effects as well, Ballroom Blitz indoors in the corridors has some mad glare effect going on that makes it look like someones at the end of a corridor with a massive torch. People just seem to randomly appear due to this and its really off-putting. You would think being able to see down a corridor during the day is something that nobody could manage to **** up, then dice enters the fray...Presumably this was tested and nobody seen any issues with it? ...ok

The bloom is bad, random smoke obscures your vision (just from things burning not smoke grenades) but it's when you are suppressed and experiencing bloom or bloom + smoke that people really do disappear or appear in front of you. A good example is argon forest at D flag if you are running from C. It's bad enough if you're not suppressed, but if you are you're practically blind. A good tip is to notice when you are slightly suppressed (you may not realise it sometimes), and just stop and stare at the floor for ~1-2 secs to regain your vision.

Ha!....

Get out :p
Neigh lad, you can't rein me in! :p

Caporegime
There's an update soon, apparently Tuesday given the waffle online. ed..update today actually.

What i'd like to know is when are dice going to make the light tank relevant again. Its always been a bit of a weird tank as its classed as a "light tank" yet i'm pretty sure other tanks are barely any slower than it. Ever since dice brought in that chamond tank the light tank has been practically worthless, its outclassed in every way by the others and you don't see too many people using it anymore.

Last edited:
Associate
There's an update soon, apparently Tuesday given the waffle online. ed..update today actually.

What i'd like to know is when are dice going to make the light tank relevant again. Its always been a bit of a weird tank as its classed as a "light tank" yet i'm pretty sure other tanks are barely any slower than it. Ever since dice brought in that chamond tank the light tank has been practically worthless, its outclassed in every way by the others and you don't see too many people using it anymore.
It's quicker accelerating at least and has a 360 degree turret, plus anti infantry weaponry on the flanker variety that other tanks can't match. The light tank is absolutely deadly in the right hands. I know of someone who uses it with the external cam almost exclusively and a high-fov & giant screen; nobody can get close to her with tnt because she doesn't have a blind spot and can swivel that turret around very quickly, plus also see over obstacles with the external cam.

Caporegime
It's quicker accelerating at least and has a 360 degree turret, plus anti infantry weaponry on the flanker variety that other tanks can't match. The light tank is absolutely deadly in the right hands. I know of someone who uses it with the external cam almost exclusively and a high-fov & giant screen; nobody can get close to her with tnt because she doesn't have a blind spot and can swivel that turret around very quickly, plus also see over obstacles with the external cam.

2 versions of it have a 360 turret, the mortar version is more like barely 180. The flanker variant is ok as long as you don't come across other tanks, which in this game is unlikely unless you're spamming rounds from long range to give yourself some breathing room. Tank to tank its totally outclassed by everything else, could do with a bump in speed or a bit less of a fall off on its main cannon rounds to give it more of a chance against other armour.

Caporegime
Whats is this gimmicky looking animation I've seen lately, like soldiers running then sliding to 1 knee or something along those lines? Can't recall that being in the game a few months back.

Associate
It's been in from the start. There's two ways you can do it. Press crouch toggle when sprinting but movement speed is slower after. Or tap shift crouch while sprinting.

Associate
2 versions of it have a 360 turret, the mortar version is more like barely 180. The flanker variant is ok as long as you don't come across other tanks, which in this game is unlikely unless you're spamming rounds from long range to give yourself some breathing room. Tank to tank its totally outclassed by everything else, could do with a bump in speed or a bit less of a fall off on its main cannon rounds to give it more of a chance against other armour.
Yeah, tank to tank it is outclassed, but I would argue it excels against infantry and infantry is much more numerous on the battlefield. Obviously 2 of the 3 light tank configurations are 360 degree turrets, the howitzer configuration is so unpopular it isn't really worth mentioning; well it would be good if you had a chance of half your shots hitting. I'd like to see a flamer light tank option which can also take out heavier tanks and blind them, with the caveat that you have to get up close.

Back
Top Bottom