*** Battlefield 1 ***

Soldato
There's an update soon, apparently Tuesday given the waffle online. ed..update today actually.

Yep just downloaded a 4Gb patch so new map tonight.

The light tank is fine as long as you don't try to 1v1 with other tanks head on. Personally I find it better than any of the other tanks just for the extra situational awareness that the turret gives and not having to rely on other gunners.

Soldato
Yep just downloaded a 4Gb patch so new map tonight.

The light tank is fine as long as you don't try to 1v1 with other tanks head on. Personally I find it better than any of the other tanks just for the extra situational awareness that the turret gives and not having to rely on other gunners.
Yeah the light tank is second best to the assault tank.

Caporegime
Yeah the light tank is second best to the assault tank.

Heavy tank and arty truck tear a light tank a new ******* in my experience, can't remember the last time a light tank destroyed me in one of those, probably never.

The flanker variant might be good in the right hands, personally i never got on with that slow firing gun it has, pretty much the same gun as on the train behemoth, slow firing heavy machine-gun.

Caporegime
One thing i forgot to mention, does anyone else get a random bug where its like your performance tanks and your inputs become incredibly laggy for several seconds? Doesn't seem to happen on my intel system but my ryzen system its occurred a few times, not sure what would be causing it.

Soldato
Heavy tank and arty truck tear a light tank a new ******* in my experience, can't remember the last time a light tank destroyed me in one of those, probably never.

The flanker variant might be good in the right hands, personally i never got on with that slow firing gun it has, pretty much the same gun as on the train behemoth, slow firing heavy machine-gun.

Yeah but with the Light Tank if you know how to use it you'll win, it's about being mobile and getting behind the Heavy and Arty.

My issue with this game is the weapons. I'm pretty average with almost all weapons.

I like the assault class, but none of the weapons fit right.

:/

I have similar issues with medic class. Sometimes I use a gun that works flawlessly then the next game its complete crap :(

Assault: shotgun and automatico are nice and easy to use. Anti-tank for sniping.

Soldato
I have similar issues with medic class. Sometimes I use a gun that works flawlessly then the next game its complete crap :(

Assault: shotgun and automatico are nice and easy to use. Anti-tank for sniping.

I alternate between the automatico/ribberoles/MP18. My issue with the automatico is the ads is obstructive, the ribber kicks like a mule and the MP18 is a bit weak.

What automatico to use? The trench due to magnificent hip fire?

Caporegime
I'm now just discovering the lulz that can be had with the landship Tank hunter, never used a landship since the beta and then it was just an mg at the front and a cannon at each side, and being a gunner with someone else controlling is a real pain in the ass. Decided to unlock the tank hunter variant today and lordy that things a monster at range, literally a sniper rifle to take out vehicles and infantry, apparently the same gun as the tank hunter elite only with this you actually see the round, the elite class for some reason just seems to not have a tracer attached to it.

It gets pumped pretty fast if infantry get too close, but at range its comical seeing people try to figure out where their vehicle is being hit from.

Soldato

Yeah shotguns or automatico are very effective and as you say the AT rocket makes a good sniper for the assault class.

Both Rela and Marbleduck posed new videos on weapon balance (or lack of yesterday), and both share some of the same conclusions (from a competitive balance point of view).

Rela explains in a round about way that while the weapons themselves may be balanced specifically for being powerful at different ranges, other parts of the game design work to undermine this (smoke effects, flinching, suppression and cover placement). He points out that the more you push people to use a difficult technique because it is theoretically the best technique (aim for the head with a low fire rate accurate weapon), by making the head hitboxes smaller, introducing smoke effects from the muzzle and by making the target flinch on a hit, an accurate followup shot is hard to achieve and hence you end up with the next best thing which is spray and pray.

Marbleduck actually states that the most effective weapons are often the automatico and model 10 hunter or slug because if you are playing the objective, with the cover design that exists in bf1, the majority of your encounters are within the effective ranges of these guns. Hence the assault meta.

For me the most effective squad will always have at least 2 assault and 2 medics (even on infantry only servers). Assault runs point and anti vehicle duties (or anti sniper building takedown), medics pick up the pieces and assist with the killing. You rarely need a support in your squad or a recon (arguably recon is better as they can use their flares, while you can pick up ammo from other team members, enemy team members or kits from fallen soldiers.)

Soldato
The Model 10 Hunter is a beast in any close range encounter, it's hard to beat, and the Automatico Storm is pretty good for close to medium range, you just need to remember to burst fire when ADS with the Automatico, because otherwise the recoil is extreme. In terms of medic weapons the Autoloading 8.25 extended is, in my opinion, the best close to medium range rifle, with the Selbstlader m1916 marksman variant being the best medium to long range rifle. Some people swear by the RSC 1917 but I've never got on with it, the small magazine is a real issue.

Soldato

Use the canister shot against infantry it can wreck them, even up to longer ranges, and has very little drop. Drop mines when you come face to face with a tank and try to lure it into them, if you place them right the enemy tank driver is too busy chasing you to look where they are going.

I get similar problems with the RCS 1917, in some games it's amazing and others I can't hit anything. I find it with a lot of the classes but medic seems to be the most sensitive to it. Personally I think it may be due to how the servers handle high ping players and that somehow causing other players hit reg to go off as I find it happens a lot when there are 100ms+ ping players in the server.

What automatico to use? The trench due to magnificent hip fire?

Give the Trench and factory a go to see which one you prefer. Also just hip fire, don't ADS, that was the best way to use it a few patches ago (it may have changed in recent patches though)

Soldato
See the BF genre still has a long way to go to meet my dreams of a BF game.

At the moment the game is very one dimensional. It's mostly infantry based and you have a little bit of game play in the skies.

I want a game where you have truly grand battles. So big inf battles on the ground, then you can have huge dogfights in the sky (I'm talking a huge amount of sky here, to fly from one side of the map to the next maybe 10-15 mins)

You could have obj that impact what is happening on the ground. For example, AA on the ground the inf fight over, this has an impact on the Air battle as the air raids have another obj that would help the inf. You could have say 10 bombers per team. The rest att planes. The job is to get your bombers to the target to bomb bunkers or other installation. You've got to fight other fighters and AA guns to get to target. This is where the infantry on the ground can take out AA installations and war ships can also hit them with artillery.

Of course it's the oppositions job to defend and counter.

Then I want massive game play on the seas. Warships, subs etc.... a huge sea map with obj again which impact on the air superiority and inf battle on the ground. For example, if you team is losing the sea battle more warships are able to pound the infantry. You could maybe have a game dynamic where you have inf bunkers.

The more bunkers the more tickets you have. Bunkers can be captured by opposition inf, bombed by planes and pounded by warships.

Att, def, capture etc...

This is what I want!

---

Think Red Alert 2 but as a BF game!

Last edited:
Soldato
See the BF genre still has a long way to go to meet my dreams of a BF game.

At the moment the game is very one dimensional. It's mostly infantry based and you have a little bit of game play in the skies.

I want a game where you have truly grand battles. So big inf battles on the ground, then you can have huge dogfights in the sky (I'm talking a huge amount of sky here, to fly from one side of the map to the next maybe 10-15 mins)

You could have obj that impact what is happening on the ground. For example, AA on the ground the inf fight over, this has an impact on the Air battle as the air raids have another obj that would help the inf.

Then I want massive game play on the seas. Warships, subs etc.... a huge sea map with obj again which impact on the air superiority and inf battle on the ground. For example, if you team is losing the sea battle more warships are able to pound the infantry. You could maybe have a game dynamic where you have inf bunkers. The more bunkers the more inf tickets you have. Bunkers can be captured by position inf, bombed by planes and pounded by warships.

Att, def, capture etc...

This is what I want.!
so basically sounds like you was 100 Player server?
34 on land
22 on Sea
22 in Sky
22 in Vehicles

then you would need
10-15 Points to capture (to make it not running doing nothing)

points to capture (just some ideas)
Bunkers
AA positions (Affects Skys, cannot be used unless captured)
Military Supply Line - Resupplies Ammo to the Field by Air drop (Unmanned) can be shot down
Factory - Once captured, you receive more 2 more tanks & Artillery fire.
Sea Port - gives the Team 2 more warships

Infantry Bunkers - reduce Enemies Tickets by 10 per 2 Minutes captured
Supply Depot - Increase your ticket by 10 per 2 minute captured

Capture all 3 Military supply lines to allow Squad Leaders to request air drop of Ammo & carpet bomb

Soldato
so basically sounds like you was 100 Player server?
34 on land
22 on Sea
22 in Sky
22 in Vehicles

then you would need
10-15 Points to capture (to make it not running doing nothing)

points to capture (just some ideas)
Bunkers
AA positions (Affects Skys, cannot be used unless captured)
Military Supply Line - Resupplies Ammo to the Field by Air drop (Unmanned) can be shot down
Factory - Once captured, you receive more 2 more tanks & Artillery fire.
Sea Port - gives the Team 2 more warships

Infantry Bunkers - reduce Enemies Tickets by 10 per 2 Minutes captured
Supply Depot - Increase your ticket by 10 per minute captured

Capture all 3 Military supply lines to allow Squad Leaders to request air drop of Ammo & carpet bomb

YES!!! excellent ideas!

Soldato
YES!!! excellent ideas!
took me 30 seconds to think of those. could do a lot more :p

the trouble is They would need to weaken some Vehicles against infantry as Imagine 11 Planes (2 people per plane) & 11 Tanks (2 per tank) roaming around.

or have a big playground for inf, (imagine seine crossing) the outside of the city is rat run for tanks/planes. where as inside of the town is infantry focused

or imagine London

M25 would be tanks/Big vehicles And center of down you only can get infantry of Jeeps into

Associate
One thing i forgot to mention, does anyone else get a random bug where its like your performance tanks and your inputs become incredibly laggy for several seconds? Doesn't seem to happen on my intel system but my ryzen system its occurred a few times, not sure what would be causing it.
Yes! It's like a slide show. For me if usually last around 10-15 seconds or I can tab out and back in. Annoying and yes ryzen

Caporegime
Yes! It's like a slide show. For me if usually last around 10-15 seconds or I can tab out and back in. Annoying and yes ryzen

Seems to be a pretty weird bug considering bf1 seems to be one of the games they're showcasing on ryzen and vega systems. Its like something is loading up the cpu totally for a few seconds.

Soldato
Seems to be a pretty weird bug considering bf1 seems to be one of the games they're showcasing on ryzen and vega systems. Its like something is loading up the cpu totally for a few seconds.

happens to me too, since i got my ryzen system i had 3 instances were everything froze in game for 5-15 seconds i could alt+tab fine, but it in game freezes

the CPU % hits 100% on every core at the same time...

ON side note, What the hell is EA doing to this game??

had a conquest match 110 tickets between us 700-810. we had 3 flags they had 2 from memory
tight game all-through

Behemoth spawns **** why? they win 1000-990

Caporegime
happens to me too, since i got my ryzen system i had 3 instances were everything froze in game for 5-15 seconds i could alt+tab fine, but it in game freezes

the CPU % hits 100% on every core at the same time...

ON side note, What the hell is EA doing to this game??

had a conquest match 110 tickets between us 700-810. we had 3 flags they had 2 from memory
tight game all-through

Behemoth spawns **** why? they win 1000-990

The behemoth spawns in the game just seem very random, I've seen it spawn when a team had around 980 tickets, so 20 tickets from winning and it shows up like its going to somehow turn the tide? Then you have the Dreadnought behemoth, when that shows up on Empires edge for some reason fog almost always accompanies it, so it makes it hard for the Dreadnought to do any damage as it can't see anything, but makes it very easy for torpedo boats to basically sit 10 feet from it and hammer it with impunity.

Back
Top Bottom