*** Battlefield 1 ***

Underboss
Holy accusations batman!

I don't cheat but if people are all snowflakey about us enough to contact the shop and we get accosted without a microcosm of proof then I don't want to be associated with OcUK in game.

No drama I'll leave the platoon and return to the old Discord, those who know about it are welcome to join Nexus and I over there.

Caporegime
Holy accusations batman!

I don't cheat but if people are all snowflakey about us enough to contact the shop and we get accosted without a microcosm of proof then I don't want to be associated with OcUK in game.

No drama I'll leave the platoon and return to the old Discord, those who know about it are welcome to join Nexus and I over there.

The "original" and best server :cool:

More people can finally come back into my BDSM dungeon too so it is a win win :D :p

Underboss
If any of you are on tonight, lets discuss the way forward then.

Yep sounds like a plan, I don't want to negatively effect OcUK and sadly we are in a "I have a right to be offended" age where any perceived slight can have huge ramifications, especially for a business. Not that we have done anything but if playing a video game gets people all nancy then I'd prefer the distance myself from any affiliation even with out "not an affiliate" disclaimer on the platoon site.

If any of the regulars need an invite to the old Discord message one of us on Discord and we'll sort out an invite.

Caporegime
As I said to Josh, best way forward imo is just to create a new platoon as unfortunately we need to be in a platoon in order to be able to successfully join each other.

Suppose I could always try to invite you guys to CFA, they don't have any rules and take great pleasure in farming ********** :D

Caporegime
over what?? someone doesn't like us representing OCUK as a clan tag so went crying off to a mod? My god, incredible. Come on comms or something, this is to laughable to not talk about.

From what haz said, sounds like someone has complained about one of us cheating....... Ocuk should have just called a whambulance for the ********* :D

All your fault tony! :p

Last edited:
Associate
Who made the complaint?

And who is this "cheating" in reference to?

Please don't tell me that an official member of ocuk staff have accused one of us for cheating with no proof other than "he killed me 4 times in a row!!!!!"..... :o Or did someone actually contact the shop to say about ocuk guys cheating on bf 1? If so then LOL!!!!!!!

Maybe us saying in chat that we shop at a competitor instead was a step too far...... :p

I have to laugh at the toxic behaviour, racist etc. given that a don on here is extremely guilty of this in bf 4 :D Whilst none of us regulars make racist, homophobic etc. comments, they could probably consider our comments to be "toxic" but if people in game are going to rage, throw hackusations at us etc. are we not allowed to answer back and have some banter fun? If not, then no thanks, that is part of the fun in these games.

Fair do's though, I will remove the ocuk tag as I want to play games "freely".

Maybe ocuk should look into trade marking "ocuk" if they are that concerned about it? :rolleyes:

If you read my message, it stated that anyone using the [OcUK] tag AND partaking in cheating would be dealt with.

It's really quite simple, we do not want ANYONE in our community partaking in cheating, there's plenty of communities out there that do allow, support and love cheating/cheaters, we are not one of them.

Many of us here enjoy gaming (I do a little couch gaming every now and again) but some are very much into their online games, as a brand, as employees and as gamers we do not want to facilitate cheating in / or associated with ourselves.

I have not accused a single person, nor has OcUK as a whole, however, 3 names were bought to our attention, screenshots of certain people being offensive in chat (which no one here has any issue with, games get heated, we get it) it needed to be mentioned.

If you're not cheating, then you have nothing to worry or be upset about. Had I named X Y and Z then I'd get it, but I havent, we received a complaint, we stand behind the fact that IF cheating is happening, we're not supporting it or those cheating.

Also, ocuk shop have already acquired a reputation in the past for being racist in the uk (due to comments that the founder i.e. Spie made years ago.....) So any tarnished image they have is down to not the "community" but their own founder.

I joined the company after it was sold, therefore never met Spie, needless to say, racism is not okay. By the then owner, by now employees or by anyone, it's not okay.

Underboss
If you're not cheating, then you have nothing to worry or be upset about. Had I named X Y and Z then I'd get it, but I havent, we received a complaint, we stand behind the fact that IF cheating is happening, we're not supporting it or those cheating.

And therein lies the issue, how are you going to prove the person has or has not "cheated" - one persons complaint and a knee jerk reaction is the in thing at the moment.

Caporegime
Is ocuk platoon active then or something else happening? Every time I have joined ocuk games not once have I seen cheating. In fact we were on the losing side even though we were best squad. Some people just get salty when beaten by someone else.

Having a 1GB up and down connection is technically cheating as very few people will have it. If you want a level playing field get a console.

Caporegime
dont bring me into it, you and Waylander are the 40-5 K/D beasts

edit : did they just sensor Snow Flake?

I blame waylander :p

If you read my message, it stated that anyone using the [OcUK] tag AND partaking in cheating would be dealt with.

It's really quite simple, we do not want ANYONE in our community partaking in cheating, there's plenty of communities out there that do allow, support and love cheating/cheaters, we are not one of them.

Many of us here enjoy gaming (I do a little couch gaming every now and again) but some are very much into their online games, as a brand, as employees and as gamers we do not want to facilitate cheating in / or associated with ourselves.

I have not accused a single person, nor has OcUK as a whole, however, 3 names were bought to our attention, screenshots of certain people being offensive in chat (which no one here has any issue with, games get heated, we get it) it needed to be mentioned.

I joined the company after it was sold, therefore never met Spie, needless to say, racism is not okay. By the then owner, by now employees or by anyone, it's not okay.

No problems with what you said, heck we had someone on here who was cheating and we all agreed with dons that he be banned from the forums etc. Look in one of the previous bf 4 threads to see this agreement (and he was one of us aka a regular and owned the first TS server so we got no problems with getting rid of cheaters no matter who they are)

What our issue is, is the way it was posted, you just posted that "official warning" without there being any reason/context to, hence why we/I automatically assumed "oh has someone accused us of cheating?", which haz then confirmed that someone did in his post and as josh said, we now live in an age where anyone can just accuse someone of doing something with no proof whatsoever.

No one is avoiding your posts. You’re welcome to make a thread in FCD and we can discuss your concerns with moderation - EVH

Either way, as said, it is no bother at all, as far as we are concerned there are 2 options:

1. we rename the ocuk platoon and remove any mention of ocuk from it and it probably be best to have ocuk shop staff start a new "official" ocuk platoon which they can monitor/moderate themselves if they don't want anyone tarnishing the brand

2. most likely option we will go with, start a new platoon that has no affiliation with ocuk and let someone else run the unofficial ocuk platoon

So it is a win win situation for both parties.

And therein lies the issue, how are you going to prove the person has or has not "cheated" - one persons complaint and a knee jerk reaction is the in thing at the moment.

Yup that is what does my head in with society today and why I can't stand hackusations hence my bait/trolling/"toxic" posts that follow in game chat afterwards, just **** players that get salty 95% of the time....

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
What our issue is, is the way it was posted, you just posted that "official warning" without there being any reason/context to, hence why we/I automatically assumed "oh has someone accused us of cheating?", which haz then confirmed that someone did in his post and as josh said, we now live in an age where anyone can just accuse someone of doing something with no proof whatsoever.

"What our issue is, is the way it was posted" So you could say... you chose to get offended?

"which haz then confirmed that someone did" No one has been accused of anything, so your assumption is incorrect.

You seem to have decided to get offended/upset about this, which is ironic seen as you're complaining that people get offended too easily.

A complaint was submitted, relative people have been informed. The original statement stands, anyone caught cheating using/being associated with our name, further action will be taken.

-Side note regarding the pictures you posted, you're trying to be funny bending the rules and seem to be upset with the dons, you know there's a lot worse things in the world than battlefield, cheating and forums.

Sad story of the day: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-mid-wales-41964094

Caporegime
"What our issue is, is the way it was posted" So you could say... you chose to get offended?

"which haz then confirmed that someone did" No one has been accused of anything, so your assumption is incorrect.

You seem to have decided to get offended/upset about this, which is ironic seen as you're complaining that people get offended too easily.

A complaint was submitted, relative people have been informed. The original statement stands, anyone caught cheating using/being associated with our name, further action will be taken.

-Side note regarding the pictures you posted, you're trying to be funny bending the rules and seem to be upset with the dons, you know there's a lot worse things in the world than battlefield, cheating and forums.

Sad story of the day: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-mid-wales-41964094

If that is what you think, then so be it..... I just can't stand hackusations from **** players.

Except haz's post says otherwise:

Someone has made a complaint.

The shop has every right to take this stance, as we are bearing their name and are therefore, even if unofficially, representing them. I have refuted the accusation as I believe it to be unfair and untrue. I am also concerned that this accusation has been leveled without any proof.

That said anyone who gets caught cheating will at very least be kicked from the platoon. The same goes for toxic behavior, specifically racist, sexist or homophobic language.

So you were saying?

No one has been accused of anything, so your assumption is incorrect.

And you then go onto say this in the same post?

So which is it?

Is posting a picture of ********** not allowed? But in all seriousness, yes, I find it extremely amusing that you guys have decided to censor the word snow-flake.

No, like I said, I just find the moderation on this forum hilarious now, there is no consistency whatsoever but I digress..... I have already made threads about the moderation and got nowhere with them so there is no point discussing it as it is has been made perfectly clear that things won't change.

Associate
I didn't know I was so good that people think I'm cheating. Perhaps my constant middle/bottom position on table has offended someone online.

Oh, now I look, I can see how a proper squad actually working together and achieving their team's aims could be cheating... Not!

Back
Top Bottom