*** Battlefield 1 ***

Associate
protect their name from having a good gaming community ? had a quick read through the last few pages and couldn't spot any proof someone was cheating ? maybe i missed it.... Ah yes because we live in an age of guilty before proven innocent.

Who's guilty?

It's a little silly that a warning to the guilty is causing upset to the innocent.

Soldato
Who's guilty?

It's a little silly that a warning to the guilty is causing upset to the innocent.

I think the issue is the way it was delivered, you could argue overclockers are losing out on free advertising if people see OcUK as a link to OverclockersUK shop/forums.

If OcUK isnt a registered trade mark i think they would have a hard time enforcing anything legally speaking.

Associate
upset ? I think its hilarious the way you guys went about this.
That laugh sure does look a lot like tears.

I think the issue is the way it was delivered, you could argue overclockers are losing out on free advertising if people see OcUK as a link to OverclockersUK shop/forums.

If OcUK isnt a registered trade mark i think they would have a hard time enforcing anything legally speaking.

We don't require any free advertising... The issue as I see it is, the same as the EA BF2 issue currently, you guys have found something to be upset about, and you're riding with it, if EA ended dev on BF2 the same people who are crying would turn around and be upset it's no longer in development.

No one called anyone out, it was a simple statement to say if you are cheating, and using our tag, you'll be dealt with accordingly. You can read between as many lines as you want it won't change the statement.

We're not upset with people gaming using ourselves/forums/community to create their own, quite the opposite, we're happy about that, what were not happy about is people partaking in things like cheating that ruin the experience for all involved.

Soldato

We don't require any free advertising... The issue as I see it is, the same as the EA BF2 issue currently, you guys have found something to be upset about, and you're riding with it, if EA ended dev on BF2 the same people who are crying would turn around and be upset it's no longer in development.

No one called anyone out, it was a simple statement to say if you are cheating, and using our tag, you'll be dealt with accordingly. You can read between as many lines as you want it won't change the statement.

We're not upset with people gaming using ourselves/forums/community to create their own, quite the opposite, we're happy about that, what were not happy about is people partaking in things like cheating that ruin the experience for all involved.

I dont play with anyone on here or havent done so for a very long time, yet i would still find the way it was delivered and the tone to be derogatory.
I ask again is OcUK a registered trade mark because if not then im afraid its a mute point, as for cheating anyone who participates in this is sad IMO. But where is any proof of this ?

I have to say your not doing your Brand any favors right now.

Associate
wow so you get abusive to members that spend thousands of pounds through your site...

You get a phone call from some cry baby and you go on the forums and show yourself up ?

Starting a new clan now I think i will call it. Seriously Cool Aiming Noobs....

"Abusive"

@atomic7431 the reason I ignored the question of trademark is because the question is a moot question, of course we're trademarked, but that's got nothing to do with it, we're not about to make this a legal issue... We don't like cheating/cheaters or anything along those lines, it ruins the experience and therefore the community. Simple.

-Edit Updated @Mynight thanks, can't even blame that one on auto correct :D

Soldato
"Abusive"

@atomic7431 the reason I ignored the question of trademark is because the question is a mute question, of course we're trademarked, but that's got nothing to do with it, we're not about to make this a legal issue... We don't like cheating/cheaters or anything along those lines, it ruins the experience and therefore the community. Simple.

so OcUK is trade marked? i didnt ask if the company was?

ok checked for my self `OCUK` is trademarked

Associate
"Abusive"

@atomic7431 the reason I ignored the question of trademark is because the question is a mute question, of course we're trademarked, but that's got nothing to do with it, we're not about to make this a legal issue... We don't like cheating/cheaters or anything along those lines, it ruins the experience and therefore the community. Simple.

Yes i am being over sensitive and i am a small piece of frozen water that melts when warm. Oh and don't be rude to me as im gender neutral. Right im off back to my safe space.....

Underboss

Have you proven the guilt of those named? Because you blanket statemented the whole thread and the whole platoon who use OcUK tags - therefore inferring that everyone is guilty using your statement quoted as reference.

That's the silly thing - you have alienated a lot of players on the unfounded and unsubstantiated say-so of 1 individual.

Caporegime
jM1E6LB.gif

:D

No one cheats other then nexus so get over it. :)

Yup westie bot v1.3.5 works great, thanks again for that :D

And that there just shows how completely wrong you are. 2 completely different things to.......

PS. if you can't see what is wrong with SWBF 2 then there is no chance of you seeing what was/is wrong with your post and how you started this whole fiasco.

Personally I really don't care about having tags, especially ocuk tags (always hated wearing them), if anything, it is great having our "own" platoon/tags now.

PS. I blame haz

Associate
This was done the other day, there was no need to bring it back up as far as I'm concerned, this is a BF thread so return it back to that, if you want to discuss this further, I'm more than happy for you to PM me, or create a thread in FCD but there's 0 point in this continuing this way, it's turning into bickering.

Underboss
The accused have every right to voice their concerns over the manor in which this has been handled especially as they haven't been named or proven to have done anything wrong; therefore we are all suspects and by your own admission "guilty" - regardless of if you want it brought up or not, you started the discussion with your blanket warning so at least have the common courtesy to listen to those you have accused.

I digress once the "post in FCD" has been added it makes all future discussion impossible in an open format.

Moving on then...

Is anyone playing tonight? After a day of dealing with Soldiers and Plumbers each of equal intelligence I rather fancy playing some BF1 - or is everyone playing Pay2WinFront2!

PS - I also blame Haz

Soldato
You need to apply, there's no invite system.

Change of pace playing operations last night for the reward. Tough considering we'd never played operations on those maps, but winning is winning. The clan stack against us on the following two conquest rounds was too much. It was 7-8 of them against 3 of us. Still they were close.

applied :)

Back
Top Bottom