*** Battlefield 1 ***

Soldato
I was really happy to get 2nd place for the first time yesterday and best sniper. This was in Brusilov Keep Conquest mode. I've never got 1st, but the Gsync 144Hz monitor helps me quite a lot too, it's much better than 60 Hz.

I like to take the rhinoceros approach. I keep telling my team mates to take everything. Be greedy. Smash the enemy. They should not be able to withstand the stampede.

Mostly aimed at campers to GET A MOVE ON.

Soldato
I like to take the rhinoceros approach. I keep telling my team mates to take everything. Be greedy. Smash the enemy. They should not be able to withstand the stampede.

Mostly aimed at campers to GET A MOVE ON.

Not always a good idea IMO. The most effective tactic depends very much on the map, and what the other team are doing.
It's normally more effective, if the map allows, to hold flags (win % wise rather than absolute point count wise). Flanking for back caps is IMO a last resort when your team can't hold a line.
If you try to push forward too quickly, you'll often be the cause of your own flank being breached, either because you're not helping to hold the line, or because after your line was breached your team is too far advanced to respond to the threat to your back caps (Especially on maps with airplanes which makes breaching infantry lines trivial). Of course if your enemy is entirely made up of camping snipers, then smash them back to base.
Some maps however are just roundabouts, but it's normally still a good idea to control the center of the map.

Man of Honour
Not always a good idea IMO. The most effective tactic depends very much on the map, and what the other team are doing.
It's normally more effective, if the map allows, to hold flags (win % wise rather than absolute point count wise). Flanking for back caps is IMO a last resort when your team can't hold a line.
If you try to push forward too quickly, you'll often be the cause of your own flank being breached, either because you're not helping to hold the line, or because after your line was breached your team is too far advanced to respond to the threat to your back caps (Especially on maps with airplanes which makes breaching infantry lines trivial). Of course if your enemy is entirely made up of camping snipers, then smash them back to base.
Some maps however are just roundabouts, but it's normally still a good idea to control the center of the map.

Its one of the things which drives me nuts..you get a map with 5 flags on it, just hold 3 of the damned things and get the win. Instead, people plunge off ahead, desperate to spawn camp the enemy and end up leaving the rear flags unguarded and undefended. Then they lose them, have to run back, recapture them...then they all plunge off ahead again, rinse and repeat. Just get the 3 flags, then mount a defence.

Soldato
Yes!!!! I say this too.

I posted this a few months ago. I agree. It's better to hold say ABC rather than ABCDE. As you trap the enemy at flags DE and they can't spawn behind you and mess up your territory.

When games are tight your find me barking HOLD on the three flags to squeeze out the win.

I only say TAKE EVERYTHING to get the numpty campers to understand that they should be moving to take flags. Especially those idiots who are camping miles away from the action.

I agree. It's a game of attrition.

My ultimate strategy goes like this (I posted this before)

From the very first seconds you should be rushing to take the middle most contested flags. These are the flags the enemy will want to take. So under all conditions YOU take them. The flash near your spawn you don't need to worry about as others on your team will no doubt take them.

Once you have those middle flags under all circumstances do not loss your winning margin. (2/3 or 3/5) flags.

Now it's just management. Maintain that advantage.

Doesn't always go to plan. But the enemy will use up credits to take the flags back if you loose one take it back asap.

If you don't manage to take the middle flags from the beginning and your enemies is noob enough to let you take it, this is your opportunity to punish them. You take that flag and maintain the hell out of it.

You grind them in to submission. They won't even notice untill the final 50 credits and the my realise that all your doing is holding on to the winning margin of flags and not interested in these flags.

You can also control then but letting them have the flags.

If they try to be smart and go round the back and take flags close to your spawn you pivot your defence and take one of theirs and rather than defending from A-B you now defend C-B.

Basically unless they play the tactical game better than you or are simply better players they cannot win.

This is how I used to play RA2. The Russians had the advantage with tank spam right from the beginning. If you get the build order spot on, if the enemy can't match your pace it's over.

And generally they can only match you as a Russian force.(An army that has access to Russian tanks)

In fairness I used to just play one map. The one with the diamonds in the middle where you have to build towards it. Best map in my opinion and that's where most of the players that wanted epic tank battles played.

Beyond that if the two of you matched each other for pace then it comes down to tank control as to who wins.

In other words ever second counts and it's the same in BF1. If your not contributing to the teams objectives then you are just using up a space on the team.

Soldato
I should add that my tactics for bf4 were different. In bf4 on maps with vehicles, there was a strong advantage to grabbing the enemy back cap and stealing what should be their gimme vehicle asset (Having both LAVs working as a pair on Zavod for instance would completely nullify their tank asset and allow you to start farming). In bf1 you can't do this (although taking their back cap does reset their tank spawn timer, but this only works if you get the timing right.)

Caporegime
I should add that my tactics for bf4 were different. In bf4 on maps with vehicles, there was a strong advantage to grabbing the enemy back cap and stealing what should be their gimme vehicle asset (Having both LAVs working as a pair on Zavod for instance would completely nullify their tank asset and allow you to start farming). In bf1 you can't do this (although taking their back cap does reset their tank spawn timer, but this only works if you get the timing right.)

Things like this is what I miss about battlefield. We always used to do that tactic. Same what they did with aircraft. Stealing planes to have complete air superiority was awesome.

Soldato
I'm liking the farquhar-hill, great alternative to the federov when you want a bit more range but don't want to have to reload every couple of shots. Half way to unlocking the optical variant which is apparently a beast..

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm liking the farquhar-hill, great alternative to the federov when you want a bit more range but don't want to have to reload every couple of shots. Half way to unlocking the optical variant which is apparently a beast..

I just went 50odd for 9 with that beast. Not sure if it is the gun or my new mouse :p I never have a bad game with it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom