*** Battlefield 1 ***

Infy play is certainly going to be quite different by the sounds of it too, sounds like the day of tap/burst fire are gone :/

I highly expect that to be reigned back in. Its early alpha and everybody felt the guns were hamstrung and had too much random deviation when tap firing. Everybody has a pop at jackfrags and levelcap etc.. for being too close to dice and the developers, but them being close means that at least feedback like this does get back to the devs. They will have been on hand at e3 and talking to the players about their thoughts.

Its only early alpha so there's time to improve the accuracy of guns come retail.

I vote Baldrick!

I think general Melchett would better. Baaah! we are losing objective Darling baaaaaaaah!!

I'm so looking forward to the slower paced dogfights...all those hours playing War Thunder Realistic mode will come in handy me thinks :)

I fully expect it to be the same flight physics as BF4, just slower. I wouldn't be surprised if they do a Battlefront and put in predefined maneuver, ie press 'x' do an immelmann.

I think general Melchett would better. Baaah! we are losing objective Darling baaaaaaaah!!

I fully expect it to be the same flight physics as BF4, just slower. I wouldn't be surprised if they do a Battlefront and put in predefined maneuver, ie press 'x' do an immelmann.

Or as nexus has press x to kill all air vehicles, press y yo kill all infantry, toggle aimbot on/off press M and so on.... :D

Everybody has a pop at jackfrags and levelcap etc.. for being too close to dice and the developers, but them being close means that at least feedback like this does get back to the devs. They will have been on hand at e3 and talking to the players about their thoughts.

Its only early alpha so there's time to improve the accuracy of guns come retail.

lol

strange how people have short memories

http://mp1st.com/2014/06/02/viscera...etitive-players-hardline-development-process/

best battlefield game ever, remember?????

:D

Last edited:
Has it been confirmed that DLC's will be behind a paywall? I'm sure I saw something about micro transactions and I still haven't seen premium advertised.

I really really hope they learn from their mistakes and make all new maps free for everyone. It's 2016, there are better ways to monitize games these days (as evidenced by overwatch).

Titanfall 2 will not have any paid DLC map packs or anything like that IIRC from what they said a few days ago. I know it's a long shot, but both games do fall under EA... We can only hope :D

I don't have short memories. Visceral just didn't know how to make a battlefield game. You have to have a little more hope as most of the changes made by Dice LA after the B4 release were the ones asked for by the community.

Its entirely possible they won't, but you would hope so.

I'm not sure DICE LA have been involved in BF1 yet. It was DICE Stockholm who created BF4 and BF1 (and SWBF), but it wasn't them who fixed BF4 it was DICE LA. I would not be entirely surprised if this game is severely buggy and unbalanced on release.

I expect it will sell well enough for them to put the effort into fixing it afterwards though.

I'm not sure DICE LA have been involved in BF1 yet. It was DICE Stockholm who created BF4 and BF1 (and SWBF), but it wasn't them who fixed BF4 it was DICE LA. I would not be entirely surprised if this game is severely buggy and unbalanced on release.

I expect it will sell well enough for them to put the effort into fixing it afterwards though.

It would be daft if the changes made by Dice LA weren't carried across to Dice Stockholm for BF1.

Given how things went with bf 3 AND 4 alpha + beta to final release, I wouldn't put anything past DICE/EA....

Hardline had potential, all visceral had to do was listen to the community and act quickly instead Visceral put on the good act of listening to "youtubers/community" for the alpha and beta to show they care and all the other usual jazz so that they could cash in on the pre-orders, come the final release.... where were they with all the complaints about the god awful netcode/hit reg., OP weapons, insanely quick TTK made even worse by the OP weapons i.e. k10 and netcode, OP commander etc. etc. for about the first 4+ months? IIRC, it took them 6 months to implement all the netcode/hit reg. fixes that BF 4 had. Likewise for battlefront, utterly broken balance that was pointed out in the alpha AND beta yet come final release, it wasn't fixed, once again we had to wait months for the issues to be addressed.

Don't get me started on the bf 3-4 alpha/beta to final release fiasco either... It was even worse.

No matter how good the bf 1 alpha/beta is, I still won't buy it until a day or so after final release. Absolutely no point in pre-ordering games unless you got a good price, want the physical collectors item or/and have crappy internet where it will take you forever to dll.

The only promising thing about hardline and battlefront on release day was that there were very few issues, don't think we had any CTD, server crashes and the performance was great too.

If the ronku whores really wanted the game to release the way the community and themselves would like in a stable state then they should be urging their "following" to not pre-order and wait until release day, a bit like what anderzel is doing, this is the only way we can be guaranteed that DICE/EA will do their best to make the game as good as what the community would like on day 1 or at least within the first week or 2.... Make them earn their money! If people did this and IF the game was released in a broken state or/and utterly broken balance, DICE/EA can't afford to hang around for months, they would have to pull their finger out and get the game fixed within weeks, if not days if they want to make money.

Last edited:
Given how things went with bf 3 AND 4 alpha + beta to final release, I wouldn't put anything past DICE/EA....

Hardline had potential, all visceral had to do was listen to the community and act quickly instead Visceral put on the good act of listening to "youtubers/community" for the alpha and beta to show they care and all the other usual jazz so that they could cash in on the pre-orders, come the final release.... where were they with all the complaints about the god awful netcode/hit reg., OP weapons, insanely quick TTK made even worse by the OP weapons i.e. k10 and netcode, OP commander etc. etc. for about the first 4+ months? IIRC, it took them 6 months to implement all the netcode/hit reg. fixes that BF 4 had. Likewise for battlefront, utterly broken balance that was pointed out in the alpha AND beta yet come final release, it wasn't fixed, once again we had to wait months for the issues to be addressed.

Don't get me started on the bf 3-4 alpha/beta to final release fiasco either... It was even worse.

No matter how good the bf 1 alpha/beta is, I still won't buy it until a day or so after final release. Absolutely no point in pre-ordering games unless you got a good price, want the physical collectors item or/and have crappy internet where it will take you forever to dll.

The only promising thing about hardline and battlefront on release day was that there were very few issues, don't think we had any CTD, server crashes and the performance was great too.

If the ronku whores really wanted the game to release the way the community and themselves would like in a stable state then they should be urging their "following" to not pre-order and wait until release day, a bit like what anderzel is doing, this is the only way we can be guaranteed that DICE/EA will do their best to make the game as good as what the community would like on day 1 or at least within the first week or 2.... Make them work for their money! If people did this and IF the game was released in a broken state or/and utterly broken balance, DICE/EA can't afford to hang around for months, they would have to pull their finger out and get the game fixed within weeks, if not days.

giphy.gif

Preach brother Nexus

Is this going to be a decent graphics upgrade? Could not really tell from steam...

Still a work in progress atm so not sure what the release will look like but looks quite mixed at the moment - some stuff looks nice and detailed and other stuff a bit ropey and not really blended in with the environment or low res textures.

If the ronku whores really wanted the game to release the way the community and themselves would like in a stable state then they should be urging their "following" to not pre-order and wait until release day, a bit like what anderzel is doing, this is the only way we can be guaranteed that DICE/EA will do their best to make the game as good as what the community would like on day 1 or at least within the first week or 2.... Make them earn their money! If people did this and IF the game was released in a broken state or/and utterly broken balance, DICE/EA can't afford to hang around for months, they would have to pull their finger out and get the game fixed within weeks, if not days if they want to make money.

After those disasters they really should release the base game - even if its just like 3-4 maps and limited levelling potential, etc. for free so people can see whether they are really making a game they can be proud.

I don't have short memories. Visceral just didn't know how to make a battlefield game. You have to have a little more hope as most of the changes made by Dice LA after the B4 release were the ones asked for by the community.

Its entirely possible they won't, but you would hope so.

Visceral did improve a lot on Battlefield 4 in many areas but my response was the part where you seemed to suggest shills giving feedback to developers equals a better game. It doesn't! They consulted in the making in Hardline and it was the worst Battlefield game to have ever existed. Even a "VIP" youtuber who helped consult with that game tuned his back on Visceral and advised people not to get the game which caused controversy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/39nfa7/

8vdfv2b.jpg

I couldn't have put it better than Nexus and if they listened then they would have addressed the number one issue which was ttk. Youtubers are not the spokesperson for gaming and when they start giving their ideas then it starts to hinder creativity. After all these Developers existed a long time before they showed their face and created the best Battlefield games BF2/1942 Bad Company etc and the only feedback they listened to were from fans via community forums.

Keep on Preaching Brother :D

I couldn't have put it better than Nexus and if they listened then they would have addressed the number one issue which was ttk. Youtubers are not the spokesperson for gaming and when they start giving their ideas then it starts to hinder creativity. After all these Developers existed a long time before they showed their face and created the best Battlefield games BF2/1942 Bad Company etc and the only feedback they listened to were from fans via community forums.

Disagree entirely

You'll probably find the developers working on battlefield one weren't even around when DICE made games like battlefield 2 and Bad Company 2. To say they can be trusted and everybody needs to stay out is a complete fallacy.

Without any community input they've already managed to put several new features in the game the community hates. The only way that will get changed is if dice listens to the community.

Dice LA spent a lot of time putting in features that rewarded skill in battlefield 4, and enabled users to really master weapons. Doing away with this and forcing everybody to use the weapons in only the way they intended (eg SMG for short range, LMGs stationary with a bipod) harks back the old days when they didn't think the console games could handle a proper battlefield game and deliberately dumbed down the BF3 console release, only to realize the error of their ways and make the pc and console versions parallel with BF4.

Disagree entirely

You'll probably find the developers working on battlefield one weren't even around when DICE made games like battlefield 2 and Bad Company 2. To say they can be trusted and everybody needs to stay out is a complete fallacy.

Without any community input they've already managed to put several new features in the game the community hates. The only way that will get changed is if dice listens to the community.

Dice LA spent a lot of time putting in features that rewarded skill in battlefield 4, and enabled users to really master weapons. Doing away with this and forcing everybody to use the weapons in only the way they intended (eg SMG for short range, LMGs stationary with a bipod) harks back the old days when they didn't think the console games could handle a proper battlefield game and deliberately dumbed down the BF3 console release, only to realize the error of their ways and make the pc and console versions parallel with BF4.

The only Youtuber who has ideas that would benefit the game is Battlenonsense and he played Battlefield way before JackFrags did. I therefore think the followers Chris has are limited to those genuinely passionate about the game and are veterans of BF, whereas JF has in majority the bottom of the barrel Dino Mode, Easter Egg hunting players.

Also there are many developers who worked on the first Battlefield games still at the studio. If I ask around I can get names too.

Battlenonsense comes across as moaning quite a lot, but he does strive to do some in depth technical analysis of what works in game and what doesn't. I don't always agree with him, but there's a lot of his ideas I do. He's done a lot to explain why the "netcode" was bad initially, and how it's improved, and I really liked his pitch for battlefield 1982.

The only Youtuber who has ideas that would benefit the game is Battlenonsense and he played Battlefield way before JackFrags did. I therefore think the followers Chris has are limited to those genuinely passionate about the game and are veterans of BF, whereas JF has in majority the bottom of the barrel Dino Mode, Easter Egg hunting players.

Also there are many developers who worked on the first Battlefield games still at the studio. If I ask around I can get names too.

But players watching the videos came to exactly the same conclusion as others that random bullet deviation for no apparent reason is stupid.

You should shoot where you aim. If bullets randomly decide to just go wherever they want for no reason it removes the element of skill and just makes it random.

People accuse me of being blinkered into thinking that the youtubers are the saviors. (for the record that's not what i'm saying at all) but others are being just as blinkered into thinking they're clueless and should stay out.

As for finding names of random people that still work there. What purpose does this serve ? nobody is saying that everybody that works there has only been there a year. But even before we look at who has left / stayed, the team has doubled or tripled since those days. Its impossible for it to be the same team. Everywhere you look there will be lots of people who have come on since the classic battlefield games. Heck Patrick Bach was part of that original team and look how much hate he gets for some of his decisions.

Like I said, you think I'm blinkered. You're being just as blinkered about this in thinking the community input ruined battlefield hardline and everybody needs to stay out. The community driven CTE was what fixed BF4 FFS.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom