*** Battlefield 1 ***

Soldato
nexus are you suggesting I will actually look forward to stacking with ocuk guys on bf1 ? :D :D also how is the infy gameplay treating you ? cos you might need to say bye to 6 k/d if on foot... I mainly focus on infy gameplay (bf4) and you must be truly insane to average more then 3 k/d sorely on infy play if you dont camp in the corner of the map with snipers. I hope tho If this game is any good and I get it I will see more of us on foot doing some cool strats...

Also you said sniping is quite rewarding there, do you think I will be able to do like aggresive sniping ? something similar to sv98 +4 time scope in bf4 take it medium to close where close upper body/chest hit is insta kill ? Quick switch to pistol and all of that ?or does the sniper need to be long / medium range ?

Caporegime
Like I said above, to me infy play is ****, I rather play battlefront for that. The hold left mouse button and random deviation ruins it completely.

It is easy to get at least 3k/d as infy on foot in bf 4 especially on maps like zavod, lockers etc. I would say if you are a good infy player in bf 4 against the usual average team, you should be easily getting 4k/d at the very least...

I have no problems saying bye to 6+ k/d, I don't play for stats and certainly not k/d, if I want that, I would go play COD or if I really cared, I would reset my stats and have 40+ k/d :p I don't think you will see anyone doing particular amazing in bf 1 though as in 3+ k/d and most of the time MVP.

No sniping isn't "rewarding", it is just a lot more fun to play than what it was in bf 4, it is more like bc 2 sniping again, so easier to be more aggressive with it, I went on an insane 13 kill streak being aggressive doing no scopes, not particularly skillful but fun and yes you can quick switch to your pistol although I find it a lot slower now than what it is in bf 4, 3 and bc 2 and whilst the pistols are bc 2 powerful again, they seem a lot more inaccurate, could be down to the stupid deviation though.....

As always, sniping is best done at medium or long range, if you go in extreme close range you will just get melted by the assault SMG users.

Also, shotties are deadly in close quarters now.

Last edited:
Soldato
Like I said above, to me infy play is ****, I rather play battlefront for that. The hold left mouse button and random deviation ruins it completely.

It is easy to get at least 3k/d as infy on foot in bf 4 especially on maps like zavod, lockers etc. I would say if you are a good infy player in bf 4 against the usual average team, you should be easily getting 4k/d at the very least...

I have no problems saying bye to 6+ k/d, I don't play for stats and certainly not k/d, if I want that, I would go play COD or if I really cared, I would reset my stats and have 40+ k/d :p I don't think you will see anyone doing particular amazing in bf 1 though as in 3+ k/d and most of the time MVP.

No sniping isn't "rewarding", it is just a lot more fun to play than what it was in bf 4, it is more like bc 2 sniping again, so easier to be more aggressive with it, I went on an insane 13 kill streak being aggressive doing no scopes, not particularly skillful but fun and yes you can quick switch to your pistol although I find it a lot slower now than what it is in bf 4, 3 and bc 2 and whilst the pistols are bc 2 powerful again, they seem a lot more inaccurate, could be down to the stupid deviation though.....

As always, sniping is always best done at medium or long range, if you go in extreme close range you will just get melted by the assault SMG users.

Hmm good info, maybe they will work more on the infy play and change it up for beta....whenever that is...
Damn, I like my stats but I cant get over 3 k/d when playing infy :D maybe the 600 kills with each is ruining my stats :D or the noob aim one of those but i blame guns and netcode :D

Caporegime
Is anyone else finding that they are dying instantly and I mean within micro-seconds yet it seems to take about about 3 seconds to kill someone??? It feels like hardline/k10 death quickness when it comes to the SMGs....

Could be dodgy netcode, as when I use the smg in extreme close combat, it feels like it takes more than 3/4 bullets to kill someone yet every death by the SMG feels insta to me, as if only 1-2 bullets to take me down...

zia

zia

Associate
Is anyone else finding that they are dying instantly and I mean within micro-seconds yet it seems to take about about 3 seconds to kill someone??? It feels like hardline/k10 death quickness when it comes to the SMGs....

Could be dodgy netcode, as when I use the smg in extreme close combat, it feels like it takes more than 3/4 bullets to kill someone yet every death by the SMG feels insta to me, as if only 1-2 bullets to take me down...

Same **** that used to happen to bf4 before the network reworking patches.

Is there any networking smoothing/usage options?

Zia

Man of Honour
I've had the odd day like that recently with BF4 - not sure if it is caused by my ISP or the servers - where you just appear to get instantly killed by the first shot. Usually goes away in an hour or so though and no one else complaining about it so think its a BT problem (other than the fact its highlighting the lower level issues with the way BF4 works).

Caporegime
According to levelcap, DICE would only be adding dynamite/c4 to the assault/engi class, given the feedback so far though, I would be very surprised if they didn't give it to the support and scout player instead though.

Yes they will eventually get the balance right but going by bf 3, 4 and battlefront, it is going to take them quite a few months to do it.

And yeah, I was surprised at levelcap's video as well haz, was expecting him to be bigging it up big time! Overall I agree with his video, although the tanks are nowhere as OP as what he makes them out to be imo, maybe when you have a full squad in the heavy tank then yes, they will be very OP....

In it currents state, it is a no buy from me as whilst it is very fun especially the first hour or so but after that, the shortfalls become very apparent, it just doesn't play out as well as bf 4, 3 or bc 2. Who knows, maybe the rush version game mode will suit the current balance/game a lot better....

Hopefully the beta will have everything unlocked so we can make proper assumptions on balance especially with regards to infy to vehicle balance as with a lot of stuff not being available, you can't fully say if tanks are OP etc. etc. A bit like battlefront, we got rekt by the empire vehicles due to not having the full access to weapons/gadgets in the alpha/beta, come final release, the empire were nerfed big time and were stupidly easily to take out then.

what did i say about tanks ? :p they are op.

Caporegime
Only to players who hate vehicles :p

Levelcap is mostly an infantry player, aside from from when he does the "squad up" videos, 90% of his videos are done on domination or TDM so when it comes to vehicles, I don't hold his opinion as highly as other youtubers.

Thing is, what would you like to see done to tanks? As if you want things like being able to take them out with 2 shots regardless of where you hit them then what is the point of using them, heck what is the point of even having them in the game if their guns are going to do little damage and they go down within seconds by 1 player.

Also, we haven't got everything unlocked in the game yet so once we get things like the mortar/artillery, dynamite/c4 and who knows what else, tanks will go down even quicker.

Caporegime
yes with unlocks there maybe some things to take tanks easier but after playing bf3/bf4 they don't seem to inspire confidence in vehicle vs infantry.

it will only be moire obvious as decent players get tanks and ruin.which generally at moment will just be any nub jumping in tank and just doing nothing much.

i have seen some players though ruining already.as said before.

Soldato
so does this game have a silly amount of weapon attachments etc like bf4 or due to the era is it a bit more pulled back? hope they dont have weapon attachments for the sake of it or where it doesnt seem legit :D

Soldato

Absolutely can't wait to get in i love playing shotguns since GR Phantoms

giphy.gif

Caporegime
yes with unlocks there maybe some things to take tanks easier but after playing bf3/bf4 they don't seem to inspire confidence in vehicle vs infantry.

it will only be moire obvious as decent players get tanks and ruin.which generally at moment will just be any nub jumping in tank and just doing nothing much.

i have seen some players though ruining already.as said before.

It is so easy to take out tanks in bf 3 and 4 as infantry though, all you have to do is shoot 2 rockets straight into the ass and it is down, if players are standing right in the open and firing rockets straight at the front then that isn't because tanks are OP, it is because of the stupidity of the player and not understanding how the game works.... Yes against a good tanker, it will be hard but this is where the team work comes into play, especially if you have someone in the air, not to mention you have noob gadgets to help take them out i.e. ucav

If someone is going on a 60+ kill streak then that is down to the enemy team just being crap and letting them get away with it or simply the tank driver being very skillful and knowing when to back of/push, take cover, mini map awareness etc.

There are times in bf 4 where you go on an insane kill streak purely because the enemy team does nothing to try and take you out and then there are times were you will have every man and his dog going purely for you i.e. sitting on roofs spamming at4/mbt law, ucav, jet rams, attack heli tv missiling you etc. etc. and these are the rounds where good tank drivers will have something like 50/4 or something like that instead of 60/0

I have only seen one person go 21-0 so far in a tank and the only reason they did was because they sat on the edge of the map.

I am concerned about the heavy tank though as I said, if you get a full squad in that working together, they are going to rekt big time.

so does this game have a silly amount of weapon attachments etc like bf4 or due to the era is it a bit more pulled back? hope they dont have weapon attachments for the sake of it or where it doesnt seem legit :D

A lot of the stuff isn't available, only able to try a few weapons out as well as most of the grenades but from what I can see, it is more in line with bc 2 unlocks so not a lot so far and you don't get the unlocks as you rank up, you get them by using the in game currency to buy them i.e. like hardline.

Thats a serious worry as inf play can make or brake BF. Still waiting for something to come near to BF:V.

Yes no problem by camping just off flags and not PTFO. Taking the objectives and pushing forward than no not so much. You would have to be top flight to consistently hit 4+ k/d (unless you only play on stacked teams obviously)

Yeah okay. What ever helps you sleep at night :D

So all that practising with a mouse to shoot accurately and they introduce random deviation. Oh EA :(

As always, sniping is best done at medium or long range, if you go in extreme close range you will just get melted by the assault SMG users.

Little doubt they will dominate some maps given the theatre of war

Caporegime
@fluphy

I find that if you camp outside the flags and don't ptfo, you do worse especially kdr wise, that is why I will always push flags, of course if you are just running into the flag areas with about 5+ guys and you are by yourself then you won't do well kdr wise. I think it is always better to be more defensive than too aggressive in bf conquest.

Given the amount of people slating the lmb and deviation to bullets, I will be very surprised if dice don't change it.

Ps.

I started of with <1 kdr in bf 4 ;) :p

Yes, when you shot me yesterday.
Was looking forward to paying you back but you cleared off!
:D

Haha :D Played a fair bit yesterday so not sure which victim you were :p

What is your origin name?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom