*** Battlefield 1 ***

Soldato
I'm not entirely sure BF should aim for the e sports scene, however that's not to say I think it should be a game that requires no practice or skill.

Most successful e sports games seem to be limited to teams of about 5 players, and the games that do well have a fairly simple premise with a high skill ceiling. BF has too many classes and vehicles for a small team to do it justice. Conquest for instance makes little or no sense for servers less than at least 32 players (preferably 48-64), and why would you chose BF TDM over any other FPS with a TDM option.

BF needs to primarily be fun, but it needs depth, it needs to encourage teamwork, and have a moderate to high skill ceiling.

So far I see a skinned SWBF which would IMO be a disaster, but I've not had the chance to play yet.

Soldato
So fare i have enjoyed the alpha on a casual level. Only thing so fare that annoyes me is the pop in of clutter, like the area with the artillery shells where the bricks on the ground near a ruined house will pop in as as you get close enough even when the game is maxed out.

Caporegime
So fare i have enjoyed the alpha on a casual level. Only thing so fare that annoyes me is the pop in of clutter even when the game is maxed out.

Can't say I've noticed that on streams much though its probably more obvious when actually playing it. The more recent Battlefield games have had very obvious lod changes and pop in for a good while now.

Soldato
Played 15mins of it and I think it's good. I'll need some solid hours on the weekend to form an opinion but it definitely didn't feel like a noob game and the 'netcode' felt great. I hit the quick match and was loaded into a 60hz server with a 12 ping.

I wouldn't write it off Nex until you've played it.

Caporegime
Lol yup, I think I was the first on here to get the email :p :D

Kiwi, my first few hours were great but after the wow feeling wears off, the issues start to become more noticeable IMO. It is good fun and a lot like BC 2 but there needs to be a lot of work done IMO.

Surprised you like it with the hold left mouse button for more accurate fire and the random deviation to bullets.

Edit:

Lol dg, I is a pro sniper doing my thing :D

Back
Top Bottom