*** Battlefield 1 ***

Caporegime
I think dice went ott on the bitching about tanks (par for the course). They can still be very effective but why does it seem like the opposing team brought Geoff Capes along to sling anti tank grenades at you? They seem to have a ridiculous throwing range on them, plus there seems to be AT guns all over the place, you end up getting either spammed to death with AT grenades or pecked to death with the AT rifle and snipers using k rounds to chip away at your health from range.

Man of Honour
I think dice went ott on the bitching about tanks (par for the course). They can still be very effective but why does it seem like the opposing team brought Geoff Capes along to sling anti tank grenades at you? They seem to have a ridiculous throwing range on them, plus there seems to be AT guns all over the place, you end up getting either spammed to death with AT grenades or pecked to death with the AT rifle and snipers using k rounds to chip away at your health from range.

I did warn that would happen. Everyone was moaning in beta and saying , waaaa, waaaaa...tanks are too tough, I must have posted a dozen times in this thread alone saying that there was nothing wrong with the tanks it was just that people in beta were not using the AT rifle or the stationary howitzers on them, that the fault was with the players not the game.

Caporegime
I did warn that would happen. Everyone was moaning in beta and saying , waaaa, waaaaa...tanks are too tough, I must have posted a dozen times in this thread alone saying that there was nothing wrong with the tanks it was just that people in beta were not using the AT rifle or the stationary howitzers on them, that the fault was with the players not the game.

Its par for the course with Dice, something gets complained about they go over the top in counteracting it. The amount of AT grenades and AT rifle rounds flying around is getting irritating. :(

Soldato
Considering people invested thousands of hours in the biggest rush release piece of **** dice ever produced known as BF4...its amazing this is getting so much of a slating.

3000 hours in BF3 + probably 800+ in competitive and ive only got 400 hours in BF4 as its boring as **** after 1 map!

i can still go on BF3 now get in a jet and play for 3-4 hours..

i doubt that would ever happen in BF1!

Soldato
Well i'd have to wonder if it did, ww1 had no jets :D

yea they got paper airplanes instead.. watching tjunkfisk lastnight who i used to dogfight with in BF3 and he went 45-0 in attack jet in 1 map but he said the gameplay is lacking so much and its really boring..

repairing mid air with some gay spanner in the middle of the screen LOL..

Man of Honour

Its hilarious and sad. I actually liked for instance in the battlefront beta that walker assault on Hoth was punishingly unbalanced - everyone complained coz it required effort and it ended up boring homogenised rubbish. Was quite fun in the beta seeing the inventive ways those prepared to put effort in came up with to win out against the odds. Problem is the average player can't tell the difference between something that is unbalanced and broken and unbalanced and requiring a bit of effort to counter.

Man of Honour
Its hilarious and sad. I actually liked for instance in the battlefront beta that walker assault on Hoth was punishingly unbalanced - everyone complained coz it required effort and it ended up boring homogenised rubbish. Was quite fun in the beta seeing the inventive ways those prepared to put effort in came up with to win out against the odds. Problem is the average player can't tell the difference between something that is unbalanced and broken and unbalanced and requiring a bit of effort to counter.

I think half the problem with players and the tanks in the beta was that many people were coming from something like BF4, where there are a hundred different lock on antitank weapons and getting into a tank results in a hail of lockon weapons from helicopters, jets, engineers, other tanks, APCs, mines, C4 and so on, then here they were in BF1 beta, in a game where tanks were a scary powerful new beast in the field of combat and ways to counter them were not as common. Those people just didnt adjust and seek the methods to destroy tanks and instead cried foul.

Associate
Really like this game. For me at the moment its going BF3>BF1>BF4

Only thing I'd change and its quite a big change is the RNG on first shots.

Soldato
If people think this game is good based on graphics and buttery smooth gameplay and we'll optimised engine are so in denial it's unreal lol

If anyone plays this game for more then 100 hours I'd eat my ass hair... a chocolate teapot has more longetivity then BF1
Gamers are seriously unbearable sometimes, holy crap.

Caporegime
If people think this game is good based on graphics and buttery smooth gameplay and we'll optimised engine are so in denial it's unreal lol

If anyone plays this game for more then 100 hours I'd eat my ass hair... a chocolate teapot has more longetivity then BF1

This is hilarious.

Instead I bet you'll love spending 100+ hours complaining online about the game instead.

I think you've already been on the ass hair, there's a whiff of **** when you speak.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry if this question has been asked before but can anyone give me some advice on where to buy the game? I've read in this thread people say you can buy BF1 for £35 from certain CD Key websites, I just wanted to clarify, which ones are safe and do you get the CD key today or the day before release? I was speaking to my cousin earlier today who is playing the 10 hour trial with Origin Access and he said you only get the CD key the day before release which would be the 20th October, is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

Associate
Sorry if this question has been asked before but can anyone give me some advice on where to buy the game? I've read in this thread people say you can buy BF1 for £35 from certain CD Key websites, I just wanted to clarify, which ones are safe and do you get the CD key today or the day before release? I was speaking to my cousin earlier today who is playing the 10 hour trial with Origin Access and he said you only get the CD key the day before release which would be the 20th October, is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

cdkeys are selling it for 35 - 5% facebook like discount, and they usually give keys out no later than the day before release

Back
Top Bottom