*** Battlefield 1 ***

Caporegime
got this the other day in the origin sale, so far I think its the worst BF game to date...
too many tanks/planes, and a lot of spawn killing.. 64 players on a map is too many imo

infantry only with 24 per map would be better, dunno if that is an option! I've not really looked..

Too many tanks and planes? There's only a max of like 3 "Tanks" per side and 3 planes per side, the rest of the vehicles like jeeps and motorcycles barely counted for attacking and were just used for transportation. There was far more than that in some bf 3/4 maps. Golmud railway for example had (iirc) 4 tanks per side, apc's, missile launcher, jet and bomber, attack heli, scout heli, transport heli, aa cannons.

Infantry combat imo is the weakest part of the game. But then again i love my tanks so :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for the revives, you and Andy saved me many times in the last couple of days..

TBH though, I've been having a horror show since Tuesday. Completely random from one server to the next long kill streaks followed by long spawn death streaks. It's partly poor server balance, partly teams who just sit back and snipe but still don't actually spot or give you cover when you try to push (coupled with a competent defense), and partly variable hit reg. Last week, Sidewinder and I barely lost a game.

Hoping for a change of pace this evening, the Friday night servers tend to have a higher caliber of team support..

Edit: I should also point out, that we try to give squad priority to people on Discord (whether or not they're wearing clan tags), incase anyone feels they've been unfairly kicked from a squad. It's not personal. If we end up with more than 5 on Discord we try to form more than one squad.

I'm quite enjoying playing medic. I've gone up to rank 70 playing nothing but support, and never really bothered playing medic in any other BF games. One thing I have noticed playing medic is when you're going round reviving people or thowing out health, there's always at least one other medic doing the same thing beating you to it. Yet the minute I die there's not a medic in sight :p

I haven't had an amazing week, last night especially was rubbish, 4 losses! I was having some minor performance issues last night, occasional frame rate drops. But last night I installed the W10 Creators update, whether that was messing about doing things in the background or something. I'll update nVidia drivers tonight too.

I will hopefully be on tonight, I normally enjoy Friday nights on BF. Maybe a beer or two will help :p

I think that's fair enough having the Discord people in the squad.

Soldato
I'm quite enjoying playing medic. I've gone up to rank 70 playing nothing but support, and never really bothered playing medic in any other BF games. One thing I have noticed playing medic is when you're going round reviving people or thowing out health, there's always at least one other medic doing the same thing beating you to it. Yet the minute I die there's not a medic in sight :p

I haven't had an amazing week, last night especially was rubbish, 4 losses! I was having some minor performance issues last night, occasional frame rate drops. But last night I installed the W10 Creators update, whether that was messing about doing things in the background or something. I'll update nVidia drivers tonight too.

I will hopefully be on tonight, I normally enjoy Friday nights on BF. Maybe a beer or two will help :p

I think that's fair enough having the Discord people in the squad.

If you've installed the creator's update, at the least you'll need to disable the xbox dvr, probably need to check if your mouse config is sensible too (no acceleration, no snap to window, low sensitivity etc etc).

Beer is the key to a successful (by which I mean enjoyable) Friday session ;)

Soldato
If you've installed the creator's update, at the least you'll need to disable the xbox dvr, probably need to check if your mouse config is sensible too (no acceleration, no snap to window, low sensitivity etc etc).

Beer is the key to a successful (by which I mean enjoyable) Friday session ;)

I checked that last night along with shadowplay while you and Sidey were discussing it. I can't even find the Xbox app so I can only assume it's not installed. I will have more of a look tonight though, and check the other bits you mentioned there.

Soldato
I checked that last night along with shadowplay while you and Sidey were discussing it. I can't even find the Xbox app so I can only assume it's not installed. I will have more of a look tonight though, and check the other bits you mentioned there.
I don't think you can avoid installing the Xbox app, it's a modern ui app.

Associate
If you ever fix Windows Creators Update frame rate drops let me know. I've tried everything without success and am starting to think it's a bug with something low level like WDDM 2.2. My GPU is a 1080 and CPU doesn't seem to matter, since I switched from Haswell to Ryzen and the frame drops happened with both, even after a fresh Windows install.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't think you can avoid installing the Xbox app, it's a modern ui app.

Found it, I forgot I had hidden the modern UI apps with Start10. DVR was already turned off anyway.

If you ever fix Windows Creators Update frame rate drops let me know. I've tried everything without success and am starting to think it's a bug with something low level like WDDM 2.2. My GPU is a 1080 and CPU doesn't seem to matter, since I switched from Haswell to Ryzen and the frame drops happened with both, even after a fresh Windows install.

That's not good to hear :(

Associate
Found it, I forgot I had hidden the modern UI apps with Start10. DVR was already turned off anyway.

That's not good to hear :(
Nope. The biggest / most relevant forum thread about it is here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/...ps-drops-since-windows-10-creators-update/20/

I've tried most if not all of the suggestions in there to fix Creator's Update (I don't really want to roll back to Anniversary). Truth be told, it shouldn't be necessary to apply any complicated tweaks to fix the issue. If it ain't solved by disabling Windows Game bar, DVR or Game Mode (which are the main new game features of Creators Update) then quite frankly it is something Microsoft should be fixing themselves with an update.

It's instantly noticable as soon as I start a new game on Battlefield 1, I start moving around and it starts stuttering as if textures are being loaded in. If I play in a small section of the map then the stuttering settles down, but when I move to a new area and look around, the stuttering starts again. I've got 8GB of video memory, 16GB of RAM and am only running in 1080p mode. Oh, and the game is installed on an m.2 Samsung 860 Pro NVMe.

Soldato
Nope. The biggest / most relevant forum thread about it is here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/...ps-drops-since-windows-10-creators-update/20/

I've tried most if not all of the suggestions in there to fix Creator's Update (I don't really want to roll back to Anniversary). Truth be told, it shouldn't be necessary to apply any complicated tweaks to fix the issue. If it ain't solved by disabling Windows Game bar, DVR or Game Mode (which are the main new game features of Creators Update) then quite frankly it is something Microsoft should be fixing themselves with an update.

It's instantly noticable as soon as I start a new game on Battlefield 1, I start moving around and it starts stuttering as if textures are being loaded in. If I play in a small section of the map then the stuttering settles down, but when I move to a new area and look around, the stuttering starts again. I've got 8GB of video memory, 16GB of RAM and am only running in 1080p mode. Oh, and the game is installed on an m.2 Samsung 860 Pro NVMe.

Is this just an Nvidia thing or this is affecting AMD also?

As a side note, I have a 970 and don't think I have these issues.

On a 970 here and not having the issues some are getting.

Some good games yesterday and some bad. Joined on a server and can say 2000 tickets on Suez is rage inducing. Other team stacked and we could barely keep A and B. If it was just me on I would have quit out and had an early night. It was certainly a target rich environment every time we tried to push forward :D

Soldato
I'm starting to get a bit fed up of the team balancing on this game. Games seem to either be really easy because the other team is dreadful or impossible because there are so many idiots on my team. I just played a game on Soissons and we got beaten 1000-512, completely pointless playing when it's that one sided.

Soldato
Which one? I've played Prise de tahure a few times on CTE and really liked it, urban combat mostly infantry, I didn't end up playing Nivelle nights while it was on though.

Back
Top Bottom