Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
I think we should start a petition to EA/DICE so that they'll implement high-resolution textures.

The game looks horrible at the moment and I doubt anyone would want to play it in this state.

If they decide to release the game as it is and only fix bugs from BC2 like the occasional server lag caused by chatbox, flawed hitreg or bugged knife kills, I think MW3 is THE game to get later this year. And it sure as hell would look better right now. After all it uses the mighty IW engine that renders some of the most popular games of this decade.

Stop getting mad, it won't do any good to your mental state.

DG, I think the judge would throw the case out of the court after seeing these screenshots. I don't understand why Black and White is jizzing over this game so much.

Troll

Soldato
OP
Speaking to him on Steam. (http://www.ugame.net/Exlaxl/)

1QOWx0rU9O3sLDuReUKN4xmCnAnz1.jpg

EA won't take kindly to that at all.

What a tit..... also tell him cheers for putting people off the game!!! DONKEY!

Soldato
Is there such a resolution as 1680x1024?

When I looked at those screenshots they reminded me of bad company 2 with possibly medium settings.

Also the 510fps is mind boggling with a single GTX460 mildly overclocked. It may well be some sort of graphical error. Probably it was meant to show 51fps but ended up rightly or wrongly showing 510fps.

I think DX11 screenshots should be beefier than those pics.

I guess we can only make fair judgement when the actual product is in our hands.

Till then I reserve my judgement:cool:

Soldato
Ground deforming earthqaukes in Multiplayer?

Battlefield 3 developer DICE has again talked up the technical prowess of its Frostbite 2 engine, and teased the chaotic prospect of putting terrain-deforming earthquake into its new multiplayer mode.

Speaking to PSM3 magazine, lead multiplayer designer Lars Gustavsson confirmed the quakes seen in impressive single-player demos are "technically possible" in Battlefield 3 multiplayer games.

"We're still looking into ambient destruction in multi-player; it's still too early to say really," he told the mag.

"It's technically possible to have earthquakes in multi-player using Frostbite 2. We feel like kids walking into sweet shops with Frostbite - it has so many features we never knew we needed, and we're still figuring out how best to use them.

"It's just the start for this engine. So far, the only limit to the things we can do with it are our own creative restraints."

:eek:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/311955/news/battlefield-3-we-can-do-earthquakes-in-multiplayer/

"We constantly evaluate where people are on the battlefield - and as we saw it in Bad Company 2, Medics were rarely equipped to be on the real frontline. It was the Assault class that people took to the front, so it seemed natural to combine the two."

WTF, did he even play BC2 for any length of time? rambo medics anyone....

Caporegime
Wow, that would be awesome just having random earth quakes during multi player.

- None of the noob snipers would be able to hit anyone then

- Plus when helis and jets are about to take off, they would just crash

The options are endless........

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom