Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I kept BF 3 installed since we won't have bf 4 for another 15 days come the 15th so was probably going to go back to it but tbh after playing BF 4, I don't think I can as BF 4 just poops all over BF 3 :p

Not to mention I don't want to get use to that stupid suppression system, blue filter, sloooooooooooooooooooooow RPGs etc. again :p

Think Batman Arkham Origins is out some time between the 15th and 1st so I will just play that non stop until BF 4 :D

Associate
I had a similar issue, turned out to be my firewall/anti-virus/internet security. Try disabling it temporarily to see if the pings appear and then you've found the problem. You can set it to ignore BF3/Battlelog but it depends on which software you're using, so google is your friend :p

I assume you've tried the PB Updater from www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php ?

I kept getting this and ended up deleting the files from the registry. That did the trick. Link to instructions here:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pnkbstra-exe.74723/

My original thread here:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18550135&highlight=startername_Jed+Shields

Caporegime
Wonder if there will still be as many whiners in bf 4? :p :o Ridiculous the amount of **** posted in chat box.......

Caused about 5 clan members to rage quit early on, spamming the chat box with hackusations, got to love it! :D

Soldato
OP
Doing some meatgrinding to test out stream tonight... appreciate any views/likes.

We're hoping to be shout casting some ESL matches down the line, particularly for Hadoukenzzz and jackfrags providing the other team are ok with us spec'ing! Also when Dayz comes out we'll be streaming that when we're not playing bf4!

Badboy is playing atm, pretty good shooter :D

http://www.twitch.tv/thefallenunit

Caporegime
love scrap metal, was giggling like a little school girl earlier on just spamming c4 down the stairs, I must have got about 20 kill in a matter of seconds lol :D

Soldato
So anyone not buying BF4 just yet? I was tempted, but I though I still enjoy BF3 a lot, I don't even half most of the expansion packs yet so that's a new game in itself almost :D I think I'll buy BF4 when it's half the price it is now :) BF3 servers are still rammed :)

Soldato
So anyone not buying BF4 just yet? I was tempted, but I though I still enjoy BF3 a lot, I don't even half most of the expansion packs yet so that's a new game in itself almost :D I think I'll buy BF4 when it's half the price it is now :) BF3 servers are still rammed :)

Half the price? You'll be waiting a while!

Associate
+1 for the home plugs. I get no drop in speed though mine, you can pick them up for peanuts now as well.

They are fast, but there is a drop in speed. I can get 21ms to a server over a cable plugged directly in, and that went up to 45ms to 60ms with just the addition of wall plugs.

I guess different makes of wall plug give you different results. Still playable, but you lose an edge. Better than WiFi for sure.

Associate
They are fast, but there is a drop in speed. I can get 21ms to a server over a cable plugged directly in, and that went up to 45ms to 60ms with just the addition of wall plugs.

I guess different makes of wall plug give you different results. Still playable, but you lose an edge. Better than WiFi for sure.

Completely dependent on your wiring though.

I only get a 1 to 2 ms difference in pings over my homeplugs that are 500mbps series. No drop outs and slightly better speeds than N for transfers is just what I wanted.

Would be nice to wire the house with 1Gbe though.

I did notice on Wifi though that the drop out lag can give you a serious advantage in games like BF3 (you become a sponge sometimes). :D

Associate
Completely dependent on your wiring though.

I only get a 1 to 2 ms difference in pings over my homeplugs that are 500mbps series. No drop outs and slightly better speeds than N for transfers is just what I wanted.

Yes, I forgot that the wiring of your electrics will have a bearing on how good the connection is between homeplugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom