Battlefield 4 - Performance FIXES Thread (Good or Bad)

I got a free SSD drive I use as a cache, If it sucks, doesn't do anything I just format it and go back to Windows 7. Saves dual booting and keeps windows 7 handy :D

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!

BATTLEFIELD 4 is SUPER SUPER smooth on Windows 8, Ive just tested it myself and it's like a completely new game.

Windows 7 IS the cause.

Oh and I have Windows 8 looking like Windows 7 with Start Button :D

just trying win8 and bf4 lets see the differences :D

:eek::eek: He's joined the darkside

I am running around with every setting maxed in game and in nvidia CP, all is good then all of a sudden, for about 20 seconds, it will go down to sub 5 fps. I have no idea why. I am wondering if it happens on the actual server - but others don't seem to have the lag spikes. I think for now I am going to put it on low and concentrate on getting my unlocks!

That's what mine was doing!

By the way might be worth you trying New (Unoffical) AMD/Nvidia Displayer Uninstaller : DDU
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18545965&highlight=uninstall

and then installing the latest beta drivers again, some have fixed those drops with that. Others like myself had to go to Windows 8

I wonder if upping my RAM from 8GB to 12/16GB may help?

No!

Try the tweaks mentioned in op, otherwise Windows 8 may help you being as you are on an I5

Yep, Win 7. I've got an SSD caching my mech drive which is where BF4 is. Aside from that, nothing else special going on. Everything at stock.

Same as me, ended up going Windows 8 and perfectly happy which I wasn't on Windows 7 :)

I'm using Start8 so it looks like Windows 7 anyway, none of that Metro ****

nothing wrong with i5s lol . they are getting same fps single cards as 4770ks lol.

win8 yes does improve but a i5 is fine . my performace on win7 was fine just better on win8. might be nvidia for you niel but you do have problems on any game nearly at setter level ! ;)

http://www.hardwarepal.com/battlefield-4-cpu-gpu-benchmarks/#_

Incorrect and old, you're still using the same joke from the Q6600 :o.
You were wrong about Windows 7-8 as well :)

I also have an I5 and didn't say anything was wrong with them, again incorrect :)

Back
Top Bottom