Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Soldato
the forest got a special on today
Battlefield 4
(with Official Prima eGuide and China Rising Multiplayer Expansion Pack)
£30.99

not sure if of anyuse compared to the other deals - but hey ho - don't say i didnt tell you ;)

Soldato
I believe greenman gaming are doing the same BF4 + one DLC for £29.99, but if you include a 7.35% topcashback - that works out at only £27.79

However I've had problems with greenman in the past and preferred the forest so have gone for their offer at £30.

Defo not wasting my monies on a premium pack this time like I did with BF3 - I always ended up playing just the normal maps!

Caporegime
The origin India deal for premium was only an amazing deal because they were having a one year anniversary deal of 50% off everything. That and the prices in general abroad have gone up. Someone mentioned Origin Thailand being a decent deal though.

Caporegime
I believe greenman gaming are doing the same BF4 + one DLC for £29.99, but if you include a 7.35% topcashback - that works out at only £27.79

However I've had problems with greenman in the past and preferred the forest so have gone for their offer at £30.

Defo not wasting my monies on a premium pack this time like I did with BF3 - I always ended up playing just the normal maps!

yep no premium for me this time main maps played are always the core maps anyway except for first weeks release of the dlc then its back to normal

metro 24/7 :D

Permabanned
Prefer most of the DLC maps myself apart from CQ.

Metro is fun for a little blast but quickly becomes boring or irritating if you get base locked.

Associate
So far DICE have said it's somewhere between 720p and 1080p, 60fps and with visuals about equivalent to medium settings on a PC. Not sure why you'd think they'd have rubbish textures, the current-gen versions probably will though.

Now now, lets just wait for all the versions to be released and for someone to do a side-by-side. Would be interesting to see just how next gen these "next-gen" consoles are....at 1080p (oops, sorry I mean at somewhere between 720 and 1080).

Caporegime
IMO CQ :o :p

- get some great guns i.e. ACWR, MTAR
- gun master mode is good fun
- plenty of servers to choose from and most of them run all of the maps as opposed to the majority of vanilla etc. servers which only run 1, 2 or 3 maps 24/7 :rolleyes:
- very rarely encounter landslide wins
- no vehicles to worry about
- find action straight away
- imo the map design is great, no way you can get bottlenecked i.e. multiple ways around, random spawns help too
- fine detail to destruction is really nice

Aftermath is a great map pack and for some reason there seems to be way more active servers lately (when I got it a few months ago, the server choice was awful, literally only like 2-3 full servers and they were crap servers i.e. tons of tickets with just the 1 map usually). Markiz monolith is ruined by loads of people camping on the buildings but the other maps are superb.

Don't have end game (maps don't look great imo) or armoured kill (too vehicle orientated for my liking and the big open maps with lack of cover on the ground won't help matters).

Last edited:
Soldato
IMO CQ :o :p

- get some great guns i.e. ACWR, MTAR
- gun master mode is good fun
- plenty of servers to choose from and most of them run all of the maps as opposed to the majority of vanilla etc. servers which only run 1, 2 or 3 maps 24/7 :rolleyes:
- very rarely encounter landslide wins
- no vehicles to worry about
- find action straight away
- imo the map design is great, no way you can get bottlenecked i.e. multiple ways around, random spawns help too
- fine detail to destruction is really nice

Aftermath is a great map pack and for some reason there seems to be way more active servers lately (when I got it a few months ago, the server choice was awful, literally only like 2-3 full servers and they were crap servers i.e. tons of tickets with just the 1 map usually). Markiz monolith is ruined by loads of people camping on the buildings but the other maps are superb.

Don't have end game (maps don't look great imo) or armoured kill (too vehicle orientated for my liking and the big open maps with lack of cover on the ground won't help matters).

http://www.callofduty.com/

there you go mate. :)

Back
Top Bottom