Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Soldato

Cheers for that.

I don't mind the reduced RPM for the AK12 as I always shoot in short bursts anyway.

I hope they also sort out Battlelog robbing you of kills after the game.

edit//
Ahh, the reduction of AK12 RPM is in burst mode. I'm screwed.

Actually, all changes appear to be sensible to me. 3 hits with a stinger now still appears a bit harsh though.

Last edited:
Caporegime
knew they d mess with the ak it was a beast :(

some things they actually listened to happy about

The revive time has been increased from 7s to 10s.
Increased the damage of the Stinger and IGLA to 3 hits to kill attack choppers (was 25%, now 35%).

Last edited:
Associate
Ofc there was a competitive side to bf3 I've played in it over 18 months... it's just there was no competitive teams from the UK... all the decent UK players play for cG which is Icelandic team and XTS which is an American team... there's a few from TFU I think but don't think they ever played in any online competitions otherwise we woulda played against them....

Hopefully there will be more teams from UK in bf4 but going by the standard of players on some UK servers especially ones with crybaby admins I doubt they will go competitive and just stick to public.

TFU intend to have a competitive BF4 team that will compete both online and at iSeries. Looking forward to it :)

Associate
Controller layouts (X360/PS3)
We've increased the available controller options in Battlefield 4, including the new controller layout and multiple alternatives that we hope will make you feel right at home. If you're more comfortable with the controls from Battlefield 3, we've got you covered. Just by bringing up the options menu, you can choose the "Legacy" layout, which is similar to that in Battlefield 3.

I wish the option was given to PC players for the command wheel, I find the BF4 version completely weird.

Caporegime
TFU intend to have a competitive BF4 team that will compete both online and at iSeries. Looking forward to it :)

it all depends on how they cater for bf4 comp wise.

if there is no recorder no mods it will struggle to do well in ladders leagues comps. also there is the money side of it. well just have to see it would be nice to see it go that way but i think it will remain small and not really a comp game in uk scene like bf3 wasn't.

Associate
I am toying with the idea of buying (for the first in forever) a legit copy of Windows 8 for this game. All reports say you gain anywhere upto 20fps over windows 7.

Thoughts?

PS. Also in the market for a clan to play with. I am rusty in FPS but would like a community I can jump on with from time to time.

Soldato
I am toying with the idea of buying (for the first in forever) a legit copy of Windows 8 for this game. All reports say you gain anywhere upto 20fps over windows 7.

Thoughts?

You could try the Windows 8.1 evaluation for 3 months before you decide to buy. I've just installed the Windows 8.1 Enterprise evaluation from here. It's the final release.

Seems good so far and will see me through to mid January with BF4. :)

Soldato
Can do mate but I went full clean install. Talk talk engineer came today, they are going to have to call a BT engineer out as well so could be another few weeks offline :(

I know cookies and a few others have put a team UK together but dunno what the plans are for competitions yet. Not sure what kinda comps they'll be looking to do but if we are talking larger than just inf only I gotta talk to him about being the heli pilot. UK has some great players but organisation is where we fall down. cG-Westie is a top tanker, cG-mattt is stupidly good in a jet and we have some great infantry. Until the game is released and cevo, esl, bnl & Nations cup tell us the format, there is little point worrying too much about it.

Soldato
Think Matt's gonna mostly be doing UK team for bf4 I think cookies and born didn't exactly do a great job with the bf3 team he mostly just choose his mates and left out the likes of rainbow chronic blackie zhang and some of the xts guys... laimface vague Tom etc...

But like u said need to wait for the league layouts yet so hopefully we hear from esl cevo bnl etc soonish

Back
Top Bottom