Batwoman

Caporegime
What do you get if you mix a lol with a facepalm?

I don't get it anyhow. There are plenty of female heroes and villains within the various franchises, why the need to gender swap them.

And of course she's a lesbian. Of course.

I look forward to Batgenderfluid next. I'm sure it'll be worth watching every bit as much as this.

e: OK she's a thing, lol. Shows you how much I know (about comics - nothing!) Well not one I'll be watching anything. Has all the ingredients to be pap.

Last edited:
Soldato

I don't get it anyhow. There are plenty of female heroes and villains within the various franchises, why the need to gender swap them.

I look forward to Batgenderfluid next. I'm sure it'll be worth watching every bit as much as this.

e: OK she's a thing, lol. Shows you how much I know (about comics - nothing!) Well not one I'll be watching anything. Has all the ingredients to be pap.
:D

I appreciate you not deleting. Very noble

Soldato

She's been a lesbian in the comics for as long as I can think back if not always (I'm sure very earliest incarnations she probably won't have been thinking about it)

Her story is actually really good, read the comics on her from New 52 through and it's a good arc.

I'm not a fan of superhero stuff though in general on the big or small screens though these days so will probably end up passing and sticking with the comics.

Caporegime
meh the only thing DC seem to get right is the animated stuff

Far less money invested in those so the bean counters dont stick their noses in as much. Unfortunately not the case when it comes to movies like Justice League etc. Best example of that is suicide squad, that changed tone from the first trailer from dark to comical (after deadpool earned a ton at the box office), had a ton of reshoots and about 5 different edits in the works at the same time.

Soldato

I assume they are inferring any woman taking mans role must be lesbian...

Might be worth a watch if they are going to be shagging a lot

Soldato
Watches first few minutes -Hmmmm this looks like it might be pretty good, good actors, snappy script, money spent on it, good action.............

"The suit is literal perfection" - "It will be..........once it fits a woman" - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm out.

If the line had been "it will be...........once it fits me" then that makes sense and isn't going to alienate around 50% of the population but I suppose it's not meant for me so I'm happy to take a pass on what may have been an interesting show. I just hope it doesn't follow the same path of failure that Supergirl did.

PS the line "They think I'm him......I'm not about to let a man take credit for a womans work" - again, replace "a man" and "a womans" with "him" & "my" and I don't see a problem (apart from the line sounding like a spoiled entitled brat) but I do find it amusing that the white woke woman says this after stealing a mans clothes, his equipment, his place of work, his job, his whole identity and finally stealing his black employee whilst insulting that employee's work :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Watches first few minutes -Hmmmm this looks like it might be pretty good, good actors, snappy script, money spent on it, good action.............

"The suit is literal perfection" - "It will be..........once it fits a woman" - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm out.

If the line had been "it will be...........once it fits me" then that makes sense and isn't going to alienate around 50% of the population but I suppose it's not meant for me so I'm happy to take a pass on what may have been an interesting show. I just hope it doesn't follow the same path of failure that Supergirl did.

PS the line "They think I'm him......I'm not about to let a man take credit for a womans work" - again, replace "a man" and "a womans" with "him" & "my" and I don't see a problem (apart from the line sounding like a spoiled entitled brat) but I do find it amusing that the white woke woman says this after stealing a mans clothes, his equipment, his place of work, his job, his whole identity and finally stealing his black employee whilst insulting that employee's work :D
You're a sensitive lad, Ian.

Soldato
You're a sensitive lad, Ian.

Maybe, I know what I like and what I don't. I also recognise when a piece of media isn't "meant" for me or isn't aimed at my demographic (middle aged man) so, as I said in my post, I'll give this one a pass, hope it doesn't fail, and won't disrespect the creators by watching it when it comes out.

I gave some some ways that certain lines could be changed to make it, what I believe, more inclusive as I believe that an increased inclusivity makes more money than making your shows demographic very limited in comparison. So for example if you make Batman inclusive to all ages and genders then it'll do well, whereas if you make Batwoman primarily for 18-25 women then, while you'll still pick-up folks from all ages/genders, the number you'll pick-up will be much less, hurting your TV companies profit.

Back
Top Bottom