BBC Hidden Kingdoms - 16th of Jan 8pm BBC1

Associate
OP
More than 15% of the program diary filler again.

It's been the same since planet earth.. They are extremely popular. I love the making of bits personally, Shows how hard it was to actually film some of the show. Be thankful they don't do one on editing 'here we have the editor, in his natural habitat of a dark room. In this environment we see him watch 120 hours of animals doing, **** all' :D

FTM

FTM

Soldato
no matter what you think of the premise of the programme....damn those chipmunks were impossibly cute..my wife just spent the entire program going 'awwww'

Soldato
no matter what you think of the premise of the programme....damn those chipmunks were impossibly cute..my wife just spent the entire program going 'awwww'

They are indeed.
They are essentially a very fast Hamster, the antics they get up to, along with the nut stuffing... Totally awwww worthy.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
I don't know about others but when I watch hidden kingdoms it feels like LOTR, those special effect animal sounds could have come from some bloke taking a poo....

Perhaps they were trying to make the animals cute and give them vocal cords according to what humans expect them to sound like ?

Associate
OP
I don't know about others but when I watch hidden kingdoms it feels like LOTR, those special effect animal sounds could have come from some bloke taking a poo....

Perhaps they were trying to make the animals cute and give them vocal cords according to what humans expect them to sound like ?

LOL

For a laugh I did put a pitched up version of Arnie screaming from Predator over the howling mouse... it was very funny in viewings as the pitch effect would randomly become un-rendered sometimes and Arnie would scream instead.

The sound in the final film is of course more representative of what a mouse would hear than Arnie. As small animals inner ear 'parts' are smaller not only can they can hear frequencies we cant, but they also hear pitches that are high for us lower.

Permabanned
So at the end of the programme they showed how they achieved the camera shots.

They filmed the monkeys in wales on blue screen then overlayed the shots over the background of Rio de Janeiro.

Does anyone else think this is a massive cheat??

Caporegime

They filmed the monkeys in wales on blue screen then overlayed the shots over the background of Rio de Janeiro.

as I asked and never got a reply
this has loads of CGI like some of the other newer bbc documentaries ? if so I'm out.

Soldato

It says at the start of every programme that it's a recreation of the animal's worlds, not true nature documentary.

Associate
OP

not at all... everything that happens in HK can and does in real life... All we have done is film it in a way that is more akin to movies. You just cant get the angles and the detail if you don't do it this way. But by doing it we can show what its like to be small animal in a big world.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
It says at the start of every programme that it's a recreation of the animal's worlds, not true nature documentary.

Only till I see frodo baggins head pop out from the leaves on the floor with a chipmunk on head will I believe this is fake

Permabanned
[TW]Taggart;25763510 said:
not at all... everything that happens in HK can and does in real life... All we have done is film it in a way that is more akin to movies. You just cant get the angles and the detail if you don't do it this way. But by doing it we can show what its like to be small animal in a big world.
What part did you have in making the programme?

Despite what I said I enjoyed watching it :)

Back
Top Bottom