BBC Top Gear - Series 23 discussion thread

Caporegime
Give it a chance. I get the impression people are only watching to complain. Its only been 10 minutes. I doubt they'll find their feet for a while. It does feel like a copy, and may be crap for a few series and a complete flop, but it might improve as time goes on. They have to start somewhere before they make changes and the old series was as good a start as any.

People seem to conveniently forget the early "new top gear" with the mike brewer type bloke before may took over - that was pretty shoddy in too before it got into its stride.

Bang on, we'll said.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Give it a chance. I get the impression people are only watching to complain. Its only been 10 minutes. I doubt they'll find their feet for a while. It does feel like a copy, and may be crap for a few series and a complete flop, but they have to start somewhere before they make changes and the old series was as good a start as any.

People seem to conveniently forget the early "new top gear" with the mike brewer type bloke before may took over - that was pretty shoddy in too before it got into its stride.

I was all for giving it a chance but this really seem like a complete imitation. It's very unwise move, they should have played to their own strengths and made it their own.

The early new top gear was still finding its feet, but they found the winning formula which is the public want an entertainment show featuring cars. Not a car show. So the hard works already been done for these lot, these new top gear lot have walked in with a massive worldwide audience and equally big budget.

Associate
The old top gear was obviously scripted at times, but they could have at least tried to skip the faked competition stuff.

Also trying to give the impression of popularity via a much increased studio audience capacity (new set) and lots more whooping is just cringe worthy.

Finally using old top gear stalwarts with no sense of ownership just felt wrong and is bound to wind the home audience up (from the stig, power board to reliant three wheelers).

They could have just eased into all the silly stuff with a couple of car magazine style segments.

Soldato
Clearly dont have as much mechanical knowledge about cars as, well you know

I also really hoped they had binned the star in the car

It was a boring waste of the show

Back
Top Bottom