BBC Weather forecast - always breezy ?

Associate
Now, this may just be me, but since the BBC changed from using the Met Office, virtually every day the forecast is 'breezy'. Smoke rises straight up, and it's 'breezy', tiles blowing off the roof - yup, still 'breezy'.

Is it the same everywhere ?

Soldato
I've got checked every day up to and including the 3rd of May and every single day has "breezy" somewhere in the description. I'd never noticed this before. :D

Man of Honour
It is occasionally punctuated with "light wind" here but almost every entry through the day and almost every day its "breezy" LOL.

Soldato
Meteo group took over BBC weather from the Met Office and the forecasts are no where near as reliable for around Southampton.

I've been mainly using Weather Underground and Dark Skies for the last year or so, using XCWeather for wind forecast. But recently I installed the Met Office app on my tablet, might end up installing it on the mobile too.

Soldato
Today is 'light winds' where I am - but that's an exaggeration as there's pretty much no wind at all. Then the next two weeks are 'breezy'...

The obvious conclusion here is that the BBC cutbacks have raised the ambient pressure in the UK meaning more wind.

Soldato
The outlook today for my postcode is drizzle and breezy. Here's the hour by hour breakdown

drizzle.png

How does that work then?

Soldato
Yeah I too gave up on BBC weather since MetOffice stopped doing them. SO inaccurate its laughable, it was just the other week we had big dark clouds all overcast and it was blowing a gale outside, those metal construction fences getting blown down and building materials all over the place, 11 mph with light cloud and sunny spells according to BBC, where as Accuweather on my phone showed a more realistic 46mph wind with dark heavy cloud and a 54% chance of rain.

I tend to use the Accuweather that comes on my phone these days, its not perfect but it pretty damn good, the minutecast is surprisingly accurate, but then i guess short term(out to ~90min) forecasting will always be much more accurate than predicting the next day or beyond.

Back
Top Bottom