BD HDD playback help

Caporegime
Hey guys

Hows it hangin?

Anyway I have backed up a few BD disks to my HTPC and have installed my

movies and Arcsoft Total Theatre but still can't see a way to playback the BD

content from MY HDD.

Ideally I want to have the BD content displayed like my DVD content in MCE in vista and just clicking a thumbnail will lauch the DVD.

However I can't for the life of me get it working with My Backed up Blurays.

All I want to do is play my M2TS file in MCE!

Please help.

Thanks

easyrider

Associate
I use Any DVD

How do I integrate playback of BD off the HDD?

My movies can do this for you.

Rip the blu ray to your hard disk as a folder
Add the film to my movies.
Point the film to the folder

It should launch TMT for you.
If it doesn't it may possibly have got upset by the order in which things were installed. Was TMT already on the PC when you installed mymovies?

Associate
My movies can do this for you.

Rip the blu ray to your hard disk as a folder
Add the film to my movies.
Point the film to the folder

It should launch TMT for you.
If it doesn't it may possibly have got upset by the order in which things were installed. Was TMT already on the PC when you installed mymovies?

Have you tried Video Browser? I found it quicker than Mymovies, and much better looking.

Associate
Within the collection management tool within MyMovies click on Configure and then Options. It should say Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre for HD DVD and Blu-ray player integration

Associate
Have you tried Video Browser? I found it quicker than Mymovies, and much better looking.

Its on my list of things to look at as is OML. Not sure about Video Browser but OML doesn't support boxsets which is a bit of an issue for me.

Caporegime
OP
Ok I think I am getting closer to it.

TBH I'm not liking My Movies much due to it finding the wrong DATA for some of my DVD's.

Is there anway to get BD working in MCE without my movies?

MM is crashing and is bloatware IMO

Any link to this Media Browser for download.

Caporegime
OP
Cheers

I have installed the media Browser plugin and its way better and faster than my movies!

Still stumped on the BD playback though.

Is it really this hard to playback a single M2TS file in vista MCE?:eek::confused::(

Associate
Why are you trying to play a single M2TS file? If you are ripping with AnyDVDHD then this rips the entire disc

Caporegime
OP
Why are you trying to play a single M2TS file? If you are ripping with AnyDVDHD then this rips the entire disc

I get rid of all the audio streams and files I don't need

so all i'm left with is the Movie and the one audio stream.

Saves space

The annoying thing is TMT can play the M2TS file from the folder option

but not from within MCE:mad:

Associate
if you reauthor it as a valid blu ray then it will play it. I presume you've been on the slysoft forums for how tos. If so have another look over there and you will find one on how to make a valid blu ray structure with just the film and audio you want.

Soldato
i was in a similar boat. the only way to get blu-ray through MCE is with Arcsoft, i think this only works with vista cos i could never get it working with xp.

also with mymovies it integrates with Cyberlink powerdvd, however again i could never get it working.

i just launch pdvd manually now.

until MS finally pulls their finger out of their arse its always going to be a bodge. hopefully we're a step closer now theyve released BD data writing in vista sp2...

Caporegime
OP
Last edited:
Associate
I haven't used salamil's app, i just rip the disk, put it a folder with the correct name and it downloads all the info automatically.

Back
Top Bottom