Be Quiet 500DX

Soldato
apparently it resets every time you restart.
guess I'm never turning this PC off now.

I’ll have to have a think, I managed to disable the leds when I first got this board, I haven’t done it since updating the bios though.

edit it was this https://github.com/ixjf/MSIRGB I used to fully disable without needing to do it each time the machine restarted, but Im not responsible it it bricks your board :)

Soldato
I know you were looking at top mounting, but no chance, unless you have a Matx board, it's not happening with my tomahawk max. It's really tidy looking front mounted tbh

I reckon you'd get a 240 on there if you mounted it in the holes closest to the window side, but a 280 would hit the VRM heatsink :/

Soldato
I've been looking at this case for a new build, as my FT02 just has too large a footprint for where it needs to go. Air flow looks great for an air-cooled build. How are you all finding it now that you've had it a few months? Are the stock fans good enough?

Associate
I have ended up moving this onto the desktop because I changed desks and it interfered with the legs, plus it just looks too good to be on the floor anymore. I am still running with the 3 stock fans (1 exhaust back and 2 exhaust top), I added 2 of my Corsair 120mms in the front because they were spare. Is very quiet and at night the RGBs look pretty cool. No issues with temp and love it

Soldato
I have ended up moving this onto the desktop because I changed desks and it interfered with the legs, plus it just looks too good to be on the floor anymore. I am still running with the 3 stock fans (1 exhaust back and 2 exhaust top), I added 2 of my Corsair 120mms in the front because they were spare. Is very quiet and at night the RGBs look pretty cool. No issues with temp and love it
Good feedback, thanks!

Associate
Stock fans are 'okay'. I changed the two fronts for two Arctic P14s, as the stock fans don't push any air. On the upside, they are very silent.

Note that they were still okay in terms of temperatures, but managed to drop my GPU by 5°C by switching to the P14s.

Back
Top Bottom