Beers of the World - Mk 5 *** RULES AND SIGNUP HERE ***

Soldato
Aye, it’s pretty obvious it needs to have fruit in the name/ingredients.

My entry in, another £8 number. This competition is expensive!!

Yup. I wasn't confused about the criteria as such, just initially I bought a rhubarb sour, and then half way down the road I was like "wait... is that a vegetable?!". Turns out it is, but on Untappd it's classed as a fruit sour.

Anyway, I submitted a different one to be safe.

Soldato
Yup. I wasn't confused about the criteria as such, just initially I bought a rhubarb sour, and then half way down the road I was like "wait... is that a vegetable?!". Turns out it is, but on Untappd it's classed as a fruit sour.

Anyway, I submitted a different one to be safe.
Haha, I could understand that mistake tbh.
I had a rhubarb sour from Fyne Alws last week, was very excited for it but it was crap

Soldato
OP
Yeah I could understand that actually too. I’d always assumed it was a fruit.

This, I would have allowed it. Tomato on the other hand will get you banned as tomato beer sounds wrong and I'm actively discouraging that sort of behaviour.

And seeing as its now too late to change your entry, I used chocolate/cocoa in the previous comp and that did not go down well with a lot of the others. I scored points but it was very risky. I'm not sure I'm that generous.

How to tell if its a fruit.
Does it go in a fruit salad? Yes? Then its a fruit.
Can you make a dessert from it? Yes? Then its a fruit.

Soldato
OP
Soldato
Go risky. Play your Jester.
Go big or go home.

Thank you - I'll will do just that :D

However I am travelling on the 24th / 25th of this month on holiday and will have no internet access so I'll be unable to defend my risky entry or answer any questions . . . . .

I won't play my Jester though as I'm keeping that for a specific round later on ;)

Those sauces look quite interesting too :cool:

Commissario
Some dodgy rounds for me coming up, I feel I may score my usual zero points for a few weeks, simply because I don't have anything to submit that fulfils the criteria, not through submitting gin instead of beer :cry:

Soldato
OP
I've now added the random bonus category for this week.
I'm away this coming weekend so will post the updates when I get home.

I feel you can still challenge for a top 3 finish @Feek if you start entering beer as I have no chance of guessing that many gins.

Soldato
Guys I'm afraid it's a nil point from me. Thought it was an incredibly difficult week; none of my local bottle shops had anything that matched, and I've been down in Cornwall since Wednesday and nothing here either. My backup was a Kingfisher or a Greene King IPA but after trekking to a few Co-ops in St Ives etc and checking for local pubs... nothing!

This was the closest I could get in St Ives...

t2WHbPj.jpg

Soldato
I don't know if it's because i've just had an 8% DIPA, but i'm just drinking my light beer entry and it's poor. Has a rose type flavour which i really dislike and makes it taste like perfume. In hindsight i should've left it till tomorrow or something but it was all that was cold! I'm not a big fan of Extra Pale Ales though. I much favour anything >6% and i begrudged spending what i did on this!

In other annoying news, the DIPA i had was King Slayer by Buxton from Tesco which would've got more points than my actual entry last week :(

Back
Top Bottom