Bees

Permabanned
I've got bees going in and out of these little plastic tubes in my wall. What's the right way to get rid of the bees? And what are the tubes for anyway, should I block them up?

c9uIqax.jpg

Some people have told me I should just leave them, but I don't want a nest, or damage.

OCUK bee experts, what's the right thing to do about this?

Soldato
Go to Boots and buy 1 can of Lynx and then to the local petrol station for a lighter.

Use both to flamethrower the pests until they no longer return

Soldato
As most have said, they will only be small bees that will not pose a threat to you or your building. You may as well leave them and over time they will buzz off.

Infact i think i think its kinda cool that you have them :).

Soldato
try spraying some citrus mix around the holes? I've heard citrus deters them. block the holes with some tissue soaked maybe? remove once your sure they are gone.

Just don't kill them.

If there is a nest there is a website that a beekeeper will come and collect them for free.

Soldato
Weep holes for the cavity - there is a small chance they are making a home within the cavity of the wall so ‘deterring’ then somehow is preferable

Soldato
we have three bees nests in our cavitys.... bloody things are a pain as my young twins are scared of them and given the nice weather we have been in the garden all weekend.

Dont want to touch them just hope they buzz off soon:)

Soldato
Why? Because scaring them off or making their desired home less desirable is far far preferable to killing innocent and horribly endangered wildlife lol - we are loosing bees at a truly alarming rate and they are vital to the ecosystem
Yep, it's a big no, no to do anything that harms bee. Even pesticides that harm bees are being scaled back and new ones being developed.

Soldato
We had bees in our cavity in our last house. We left them, they were never an issue, but they were out of the way.

It was a bonus for us as we grow a load of veg and I always have a load of chilli plants.

We need bees, i'd advise you leave them. Unless of course a member of your family is seriously allergic to stings, in the off-chance you might get stung disturbing them.

Back
Top Bottom