"Before Mr. Rimmer" What?

Soldato
Lister : "I never want to see or hear from that scum-sucking, lying, weasel-minded smegger in my entire life!".

Kryten : "Sigmund Freud eat your heart out!"

if you're in trouble, he will save the day!
He's brave and he's fearless, come what may!
Without him the mission would go astray
hes arnold, arnold, arnold rimmer
without him life would be much grimmer
and if you play your cards right
he just might come round for dinner!

Soldato
if you're in trouble, he will save the day!
He's brave and he's fearless, come what may!
Without him the mission would go astray
hes arnold, arnold, arnold rimmer
without him life would be much grimmer
and if you play your cards right
he just might come round for dinner!

Being the sad loser I am, I seem to recall Christ Barrie saying on the DVD commentary they didn't really let him practice the piece to camera for that song, just shoved him the script and he winged it. I think its brilliant because it fits the character, who obviously wouldn't have bothered to learn his own song but is trying to over sell it with facial expressions anyway. Classic rimmer :)

Soldato
Being the sad loser I am, I seem to recall Christ Barrie saying on the DVD commentary they didn't really let him practice the piece to camera for that song, just shoved him the script and he winged it. I think its brilliant because it fits the character, who obviously wouldn't have bothered to learn his own song but is trying to over sell it with facial expressions anyway. Classic rimmer :)

chris barrie is good, he does some good impressions and with that as roof can also improv

Associate
We will have no memory of these events, which of course never happened. And because they never happened, we will have no memory of them. In which case, Mr Rimmer sir, may I take this opportunity to say that you are THE most obnoxious, trumped-up, farty little smeghead it has ever been my misfortune to encounter!!

If I could put Kryten's face into an emoticon i would - it was priceless. :)

Soldato
We will have no memory of these events, which of course never happened. And because they never happened, we will have no memory of them. In which case, Mr Rimmer sir, may I take this opportunity to say that you are THE most obnoxious, trumped-up, farty little smeghead it has ever been my misfortune to encounter!!

If I could put Kryten's face into an emoticon i would - it was priceless. :)

KRYTEN: I believe this the appropriate juncture for you to "give me 5" sir
Lister: give ya 5? I can do better than that! I can give ya 15!!

Soldato
Ascension Sunday, Ascension Sunday. The fifteenth Wednesday after Pentecost...

Happy Ascension day all. It took me a long time to realise that there is no Ascension Sunday as it's always the 40th day of Easter (ergo a Thursday). But hey, Rimmer wasn't to know that...

Soldato
Lot's of good quotes, but nobody has my fave yet! :mad:

Rimmer: I'm going in to save him

Holly: Save Him? :rolleyes:

Rimmer: It's my duty...my duty as a complete and utter *******

Ah, the Dwarf - this show is like a bedtime story to me! haha. I watch them so often and if I ever feel annoyed, stressed, upset or anything at all I can stick that on and get 8 hours sleep without question. It just sets everything right!
Most amazing piece of media or entertainment ever created.

Associate
the thing about black holes, right, is theyre black
and the thing about space is...that its black

Was it ever explained how holly changed into the female holly from the other universe? I liked the later series and really wanted to give Chloe several portions. The series i thought was flat was the one where they were stuck in starbug and the script was just a series of 1 liners with the cat comparing everything against something. I know what i mean :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
There were still some excellent episodes in S7. Who could ever forget Kryten taking a tank into Pride and Prejudice?

Also, my dads favourite episode:

"We are talking jape of the decade, april may june july and august fools. Thats right, there was no Queeg, it was me all along!"

Well when i say bad about Red Dwarf that still means good! I mean this is the comedy where two blokes sit in a badly made spaceship in 360p in Marooned and turned it into one of the best comedy episodes ever.

But i forgot Queeg was season 7? If that is so then that says it all because Queeg is probably my favourite episode out of all eight series. And duct soup is not that bad but the rest was pretty lame including the two Listers. But Holly becoming Queeg 5000 oh my god it will live with me till the day i die.

That and NORWEB.

Caporegime
Red Dwarf is all about the dialogue between the few key characters, rather than what's actually going on. That's why the episodes with a big cast, or where lots of 'stuff' is going on will always be inferior to those where its just 4 blokes in a room talking :).

Soldato
Well when i say bad about Red Dwarf that still means good! I mean this is the comedy where two blokes sit in a badly made spaceship in 360p in Marooned and turned it into one of the best comedy episodes ever.

But i forgot Queeg was season 7? If that is so then that says it all because Queeg is probably my favourite episode out of all eight series. And duct soup is not that bad but the rest was pretty lame including the two Listers. But Holly becoming Queeg 5000 oh my god it will live with me till the day i die.

That and NORWEB.

queeg was season 2, but yes duct soup was good, but I preferred tikka to ride.

HAz

HAz

Soldato
Rimmer's Dad: I just wanted to tell you
Rimmer: Yes?
Rimmer's Dad: I just wanted to say
Rimmer: Yes?
Rimmer's Dad: I just wanted to say-- (pause) You're a total smeghead!
Rimmer: (Looking shocked) What? This isn't my fantasy!
Cat: (Coming into view) No, it's mine.

Back
Top Bottom