"Before Mr. Rimmer" What?

Associate
"Do you know what happens when a Dinosaur eats cow vindaloo, 2 and a half tonnes of mint choc chip ice cream, followed by 400 crates of orange ice pops and swills it all down with 2000 gallons of a popular fizzy drink after its burped?"

"it feels sick?"

"Oh no, it doesnt feel sick Rimmer, it IS sick! Five of our best men nearly drowned! Two others are in hospital concussed by pieces of carrot the size of tree trunks!

"we are deeply, really deeply, deeply sorry Sir!"

"Do you know what happens when a Dinosaur has eaten cow vindaloo then eats 2 and a half tonnes of mint choc chip ice cream, followed by"

"oh god it didnt..."

"it didn't what Lister?"

"It didn't get a diarrhoea attack did it?"

"100% correct! and do you know what happened to the batallion that was sneaking up on the beast, from behind, of which I was a proud member. Do ya know... Do ya know what happened!"

"Yes Sir, a fair idea sir..."

"A Tidal wave, 15 feet high! I will be in therapy for the rest of my life! I've had 12 baths and three showers.. Now do you have anything to say?"

"Yes sir I think you missed a bit up your left nostril sir..."

Season 8 may not have been to everyone's taste but this always has me creased up with laughter.

Permabanned
It is probably one of the most memorable series is season 8. The bad season i thought was where the woman drama came in so i guess that was 6 or 7. But 8 has some amazing gags about Dinosaurs, Periods and general other lad malarkey. Also is it not the one where Rimmer keeps robbing the vending machine and giving extra special salutes?

Other great bits i will remember all my life are in 8 like getting drunk on Baxters illegal hooch lol. Seriously if there are fans out there who thought 8 was bad think again and give it a chance. It is much better than season 10 or X for sure.

Man of Honour
For me, Series 7 is the worst RD. No Rob Grant was a massive blow. No Rimmer for half the shows... It was just weak pretty much all round.

Series 8 was a big improvement, and it was at it's best when it's just Rimmer and Lister in the prison bunk room. It's just like the early series again. It's the rest of the rubbish in that series that ruins it really.

Caporegime
It is probably one of the most memorable series is season 8. The bad season i thought was where the woman drama came in so i guess that was 6 or 7. But 8 has some amazing gags about Dinosaurs, Periods and general other lad malarkey. Also is it not the one where Rimmer keeps robbing the vending machine and giving extra special salutes?

Other great bits i will remember all my life are in 8 like getting drunk on Baxters illegal hooch lol. Seriously if there are fans out there who thought 8 was bad think again and give it a chance. It is much better than season 10 or X for sure.

Season 8 better than season 10? No way.

Soldato
For me, Series 7 is the worst RD. No Rob Grant was a massive blow. No Rimmer for half the shows... It was just weak pretty much all round.

Tbh, I think that the 5 episdoes without Rimmer are really quite strong overall. It is the first 3 episdoes of series 7 that lets it down imo...Tikka To Ride, Stoke me a Clipper and Ouroboros are 3 weak episodes.

Soldato
You have to admit that episode was done extremely well and makes a great tribute to "Jeff Kay".:p

yep, some people say its weak, I can see why. But it was a funny episode. especially the grassy knoll joke :) and the bit at the end where the beat up lister. Or if you watch the extended version the part where he gets his curry and rimmer detaches lister from starbug with his curry.

Soldato
OP
yep, some people say its weak, I can see why. But it was a funny episode. especially the grassy knoll joke :) and the bit at the end where the beat up lister. Or if you watch the extended version the part where he gets his curry and rimmer detaches lister from starbug with his curry.

one of the best bit's:

"If my histo-chip serves me correctly, he shot from 6th floor of the Texas book depository"

:eek:

Soldato
There were still some excellent episodes in S7. Who could ever forget Kryten taking a tank into Pride and Prejudice?

Also, my dads favourite episode:

"We are talking jape of the decade, april may june july and august fools. Thats right, there was no Queeg, it was me all along!"

Soldato
There were still some excellent episodes in S7. Who could ever forget Kryten taking a tank into Pride and Prejudice?

"We are talking jape of the decade, april may june july and august fools. Thats right, there was no Queeg, it was me all along!"

I think better than life was my favourite

"were still in the game!!"
"you certainly are! Now! where's those little thumbies!!"

Soldato
OP

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically, I'm fantastic!"

Soldato
There were still some excellent episodes in S7.

There certainly were. I don't think there is a season that is overall weak tbh, apart from maybe 3 which I just don't like the style of more than anything.

In season 7 you had:

Duct Soup- Just the characters talking. Overall a very strong episode imo.
Blue- with the reminiscence about Rimmer culminating in the Rimmer song
Beyond a Joke- Able, the Simulant and Kryten going nuts
Epideme- One of my favourites tbh. Goes back to classic Red Dwarf
Nanarchy- Return of Holly!

All without Rimmer, and I think it is a very strong run of episodes.

Back
Top Bottom