Belgian Grand Prix 2012, Spa-Francorchamps - Race 12/20

Man of Honour
Unless they can find a solution to easily get the cockpit off. F1 is meant to be the pinnacle of Motorsport afterall.

Whats pinnacle go to do with it?
How is closed cockpit not the pinnacle?

The risks are far greater with open cockpit. Yes closed cockpit bring it's own problems, but the risks are far far lower. Thus closed cockpit even with its downsides is far safer.

We simply haven't seen any crash in absolutely years, where closed cockpit would have been a disadvantage. The same can not be said for the reverse. We've seen several accidents and loads of close calls.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Whats pinnacle go to do with it?
How is closed cockpit not the pinnacle?

The risks are far greater with open cockpit. Yes closed cockpit bring it's own problems, but the risks are far far lower. Thus closed cockpit even with its downsides is far safer.

Because if any formula can find a solution to getting the cockpit off, F1 can. I don't see why people are so against it, I am sure the brains behind F1 can find a solution. I think you misread what I was saying, I am all for closed cockpit.

Man of Honour
Stewards are going to be busy.

Caterham/HRT unsafe release after the race
Schumacher/Vettel pit entry after the race

I'm assuming that Hamilton and Fat John will be summoned too...

Maldonado as well...

Soldato
I think it's funny that we all assumed the drivers who would cause havoc at the start would be Maldonado, Kobayashi and Hamilton.

Everyone overlooked the whirlwind that is Grosjean. :p

Back
Top Bottom