Belgian Grand Prix 2012, Spa-Francorchamps - Race 12/20

lol 1998 was a life time ago you cant compare
1 race ban fair in my eyes he needs something doing to him after 7 race crashes that beeb were on about

I think arknor didn't see that Irvine moved across on Coulthard and nudged him slightly on that Spa '98 start. It wasn't all that clear-cut because of the heavy rain anyway.

Hopefully Maldonado will get a ban the next time he wrecks someone, but it looks like grid penalties is the worst he's getting for now.

Maldonado has averaged one penalty per race this year.

These 2 made it 12...

But he has managed 3 races without any penalties. Australia, Malaysia and Spain. He just doubled up at others to make up for it. :D

I think arknor didn't see that Irvine moved across on Coulthard and nudged him slightly on that Spa '98 start. It wasn't all that clear-cut because of the heavy rain anyway.

Hopefully Maldonado will get a ban the next time he wrecks someone, but it looks like grid penalties is the worst he's getting for now.

I have seen that race over and over and have never noticed Eddie hitting DC, DC seemed to just lose it all by himself and went into the wall.

wow, harsh penalty for grosjean. i think with this and the tightening of the crossing the white lines regulations that the FIA are really starting to come down heavily on any breach of the rules

*edit*
when was the last time someone was banned for a race from F1. i know maldonardo bribed his way out of a lifetime ban from monaco in GP2 which you could technically take as a ban from monaco in F1 as well, but with my limited knowledge of F1 before ~2005 i cant think of any for certain.

Last edited:
I really don't think it's harsh. What I think is that he should have had lesser penalties earlier on in the season as a warning, which would have built up to this.

I'm thinking of Monaco mainly but if he has been involved in seven starting incidents in 12 races it's about time he was punished.

I'm thinking of Monaco mainly but if he has been involved in seven starting incidents in 12 races it's about time he was punished.

wow, 7 starting incidents? i knew he had a few but i didnt realise it was that many. since the previous punishments clearly didnt teach him anything then i retract my previous statement and say that this might be the kick up the backside he needs to pay more attention at the start

wow, 7 starting incidents? i knew he had a few but i didnt realise it was that many. since the previous punishments clearly didnt teach him anything then i retract my previous statement and say that this might be the kick up the backside he needs to pay more attention at the start

I'm only going off what they said on the BBC but if true, it's clearly time for him to take a good long look in the mirror.

Maldonado may seem like he is getting off lightly in comparison with all his incidents, but ultimately Williams are going to realise he is no good for them. He may bring in money to the team, but there comes a point where that is pointless if the driver hinders them before each race even begins.

I think Grosjean's penalty was right.

um.... Surface? Release details pls? :D

The surface is up there, haven't decided yet, waiting for all details to be released. The Os is far superior and more powerful than either. But you can read all that in a different thread. Plenty of them and a thousand and one of my posts.

grosjeans ban, seems very harsh compared to others.

*edit*
when was the last time someone was banned for a race from F1. i know maldonardo bribed his way out of a lifetime ban from monaco in GP2 which you could technically take as a ban from monaco in F1 as well, but with my limited knowledge of F1 before ~2005 i cant think of any for certain.

In terms of bans due to driving standards, I can't think of any others since 1994, when Irvine was handed a three-race ban for a visually similar accident in Brazil, and Hakkinen a one-race ban for causing the Hockenheim pile-up. Of course, Schumacher was also thrown out of the 1997 championship for attempting to remove Villeneuve from the race in Jerez.

I the only relatively recent ban was BAR being banned for two races in 2005 due to deliberately running an underweight car.

Last edited:

Massa, 2002. Replaced in the Sauber by Frentzen for the US Grand Prix.

Although in 2006 Yuji Ide's superlicense was cancelled mid season.

Back
Top Bottom