Belinea 102035W

Associate
Just received my first LCD monitor and I am happy to report that I am very impressed with my purchase. No dead stuck pixels. Only slight gripe is the odd placement of the USB ports (fairly inaccessable round the back), weak speakers (well in fairness wasn't expecting them to be up to much) and the fact I had to download drivers from Maxdata's FTP site.

Tested the monitor with a few movies and games after some speculative calibration (brightness is especially high out the box). The panel itself seems very responsive didn't notice any decernable ghosting, I am guessing people that are ultra sensivetive might be able to detect some ghosting with certain colour transitions. Proving to be excellent for web browsing and general office use, text and images are sharp and the contrast seems very good.

If I get time will post a full review.

The Llama

Soldato
There's a lot of people on here, been waiting for TFT's to arrive with the panel thats in that, from AU O. I'm sure they'll be eagerly awaiting the verdict on it.

btw - I couldn't get to the full size picture, says hotlinking isn't allowed :confused:

Associate
Finally, another 20" widecreen TFT. It seems to be taking ages for widescreen TFT's to come on to the market. I don't like the Dell ones as they look ugly, this is much nicer looking. I want an widescreen TFT with good black levels..

What kind of graphics card do you need for a screen of this size?

At the moment I have an X800XL and play games like GT Legends almost maxed out at 1280x1024. Would like to do the same on a monitor such as this one.

Soldato
i have loads of these in stock and can say on desktop performance i am impressed but using the DVI cable playing a DVD wasnt the best.. Got a fair bit of grey ghosting against black... (Was 5th Element space battle) and the performance in far cry wasnt that great looked a bit jerky even tried vertical sync off and on and a fair few other settings.

As said the USB Ports are in a silly place but i think they are aimed at people plugging in Mouse and keyboard rather than usb sticks or other detachable devices.

Found the DVI Cable a little fiddly to get in.

Also putting the stand into the correct position is pretty scary (You have to bend it backwards, then it gets to a point and you have to then force it even further :eek: )

Good points:
Price
Very clear and crisp desktop performance
looks pretty good

Bad points:
Stand
ghosting
speakers
fiddly connection area
refresh

Man of Honour
Skyline, sounds like you've noticed some poorly controlled overdrive. I would very much like to see an in depth review from you and Llamahunter if you ever have chance. Perhaps you could go through the template in the sticky at the top. I could host it at TFTCentral.co.uk as well since this is a hot panel right now :)

For others interested, there is a review of the 102035W at Behardware aswell here:

http://www.behardware.com/articles/598-1/20-inches-lcd-p-mva-vs-s-ips.html :)

Associate
OP
Will do at some point Baddass, just been too busy enjoying my monitor to go through the tests. I did have a quick run through a couple of the tests and the results I would say are pretty good. I measured the pixel response at 15ms with the test which I suppose is entirely consistant with the 8ms GTG panel rating.

I would agree about the stand it is stiff and I would advise anyone that is anticipating buying the belinea to attach the hoop foot and use that to pull the stand into position (as this locks into the steel inner frame), otherwise you risk damaging the plastic outer shell as if does require a lot of force to move it.

Did feel the behardware review was a little overly critical on colours - just requires a bit of calibration to get a much more satisfactory result.

Generally very happy with my purchase I do feel with a bit more attention to detail (placement of USB ports for instance) belinea could have made this a truely exceptional display it is though still fab.

What I would say though is bare in mind the price, this is significantly cheaper than the Dell 2005 and a full £70 cheaper than the Benq WS with the same panel at trade!

Soldato
i will try to but we are now almost sold out. One of the major problems is that we are mainly a CAD based company and our tests are generally based around 2D and 3D CAD so testing a panel with games/DVD's is a little err difficult. The time when i was testing was when i built a high spec gaming rig for my mate at work and he had to bring it into work to test the optical out. :)

OcUK Staff
Hi there

OK can get them here today and sell them at £289 +VAT.

So is there good demand for this monitor as it seems pretty good. :)

Associate
I would buy one, I've been waiting for this panel for ages. Benq uses the same panel but I cannot find anyone selling it. Gibbo are you going to get the Benq soon as well, if so how much?

Caporegime
Gibbo said:
Hi there

OK can get them here today and sell them at £289 +VAT.

So is there good demand for this monitor as it seems pretty good. :)

Nice one Gibbo, especially asking for the price check. :)

I'll wait till the BenQ comes out then decide for that one or this one I think.

Soldato
It's only a whisker cheaper than the Dell though, but it doesn't have any backlight bleeding issues so thats a plus.

I would have waited for one of these but opted for a 970P instead.

Associate
OP
Sgoaty, can only speak from personal experience here but my panel is entirely free of defective pixels. Belinea have always offered good warranty support (the company I work for used to have a direct account with Maxdata in Germany) but as far as dead pixels go its inherent to the technology - just something you have to live with I am affraid. I wouldn't care to speculate whether this is less susceptable to dead pixels than previous generations of panels.

Incidently £289.95 + VAT is a great price for this I am sure OCUK will sell shed loads at that price.

Soldato
I will look around but dead pixels is something I am not prepared to live with. I bought a monitor from an unamed etailer which had 6 dead sub pixels in various obvious locations in the screen and I was told it was acceptable when it just wasnt. There wasnt a lot I could do but pay the 25% surcharge to return it. I went back to using my CRT for a bit untill I could get a guaranteed good one.

Back
Top Bottom