Belkin UPS Deal @ OcUK - Everybody Needs One Of These!!

Soldato
We have an absolutely cracking buy on the Belkin F6H500UKUNV UPS/Surge Protector. This product is ideal for all PC users and at such a low price is a total bargain.

This unit provides surge protection on up to 6 sockets to prevent spikes and 3 of the sockets are also put on battery backup for between 7-12 minutes. If you are a student and doing work constantly it could mean the difference between managing to save your work and close down or lose it altogether. This also applies to the home user. With the risk of more power cuts this year it makes this a great product for every single PC user. This product could save your £1000's of pounds!

BUY NOW!!!

Thank you, I bought 2, one for the windows box and one for the Linux server and wireless stuff :)

Working from home mostly as I do, I suffer sometimes from power "brownouts" as the electricity supply around here can be a bit dodgy. Hopefully this'll stop me losing work and also protect the power supplies from surges etc at the same time. I've been meaning to do something about cleaning up power for the computer for ages now.

Paul.

It probably could but would only probably give you half the amount of time tops. Remember it only has 3 battery protected sockets so you could have the two computers and only 1 monitor. The other one would die with the powercut.

There's a typo on the Belkin site in the link for the manual, but if you remove the spurious " target=" at the end it works. Or click here

It looks like there is management software that runs on various OS, but it isn't clear what facilities it gives you. Hopefully there is the option of a graceful shutdown after a specified period.

Paul.

ive downloaded the software and all apears ok,

according to manual u can manage remotely to,

im hoping to run a pc and fileserver i know wont last 2 long just will want it to shut down safe,do you know if once the battery has gona you can use the resume ac power failiure option in a bios so when the power is back and your pc will reboot

doubtful but worth asking

Was looking at this just now. When is says 300W does that mean it's only suitable for upto 300W psu's?

Never really looked into UPS type stuff before. As by chance, last night we lost power and thought it was a normal power cut. We then noticed that almost all the houses around us still had power so we were left scratching our heads. Turned out the drop cable over head was damaged somewhere so only our house had the cut.

Bugger, cant these be shipped via special delivery?
No one is ever in the house in the morn and the city link depot is over and hour and a halfs drive away.

Reppyboyo said:
Bugger, cant these be shipped via special delivery?
No one is ever in the house in the morn and the city link depot is over and hour and a halfs drive away.

They weigh far too much for delivery via special delivery, so are courier only.

If anybody wants one please do be quick, were on our last 1000 units now and there selling literally at approx 10 per hour on average. :)

got one coming along with a headset. needed an excuse to buy the headset and with this at such a good price its the perfect excuse. i will be more happy running my new system through one of these now im not guaranteed such a good leccy supply.

I got my two yesterday as well. I was very pleasantly surprised with the software, as the Linux version installed on my server without a hitch. They make a bit of a racket when they are running from the battery (I've done a couple of the 10-second tests now that they are charged) but I guess that must be the step-up electrics from battery to 240V AC.

I like the ability to send emails when events have happened, though I haven't tested this yet.

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom