Belkin UPS Deal @ OcUK - Everybody Needs One Of These!!

Associate
Do these make noise when they are running from the mains or is it only at a mains failure when they run on battery that they make a noise. Also will these be ok to power comps with over 300w psu's?

I'm also intrested in one of these, should it work fine with a projector as my landlord keeps forgetting to top up the main electric metre and the electric cuts out at least once a week, I only need it power'd for about 2 mins to allow the lamp to be fan cooled properly when it shuts down as i'm paranoid the lamp will crack if the electric cuts and it's not shut down properly.

Associate
m8 they way 4.0 kg
the box is massive

well worth it there very *** indeed,

especialy being able to remote monitor them over network :D

oh yeah running

a 550watt psu desktop
and a dual cpu server only 50 load with a tft monitor :D

Soldato
Just a few questions,

I have 2 pc's 1 mac and 2 screens, and a bunch of other stuff. At the moment i have one of the big APC UPS protectors for the 2 pc's and thats been fine, only problem with it is i can't seem to get it to link with the pcs via its computer connection. What I want to do is get one of these things for my Mac and monitors plus all the other stuff i have plugged into socket extensions at the mo. What i need to know though is can i plug the monitors etc into the 3 plugs ment for backup? Will these 3 backup plugs act just like the other 3 plugs which are surge protected? If not then I might have to get 2 of these beasts.

Associate
Mine overloads while gaming with just the PC plugged into one of the battery backup sockets. With the log file I see that it is apparently at 80% load and this I assume is why it angrily beeps at me. If anyone can help me solve this, that would be great.

Associate
No I'm not gaming on battery power ¬.¬

The UPS is plugged into the mains, and the base unit is the only thing plugged into the UPS, idling the UPS sits at 40% load but while gaming it hits 82% causing it to beep annoyingly. The solution would be to raise the threshold to 90% as the PC doesn't draw that much while gaming obviously.

Associate
n1 price!
just plug in my one.
nice huge box indeed :)

btw.can i control the UPS thru classic win interface? or i have to using the belkin soft?
thx

edit: i use the UPS for two pc....one 600W PS and second shuttle 250W PS +
Lcd.When i turn on both of them together its overloaded...but after boot its on 65%.
Just for info. ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
All I can say is my ickle APC 500VA BackUPS has saved my RAID5 array from numerious power outages since it's installation.

Worth every penny in my opinon.

Associate
Hi there, picked one of these ups up yesterday & apart from one problem everthing seems to be ok.

After installing the included Belkin Power Management software my pc is a lot slower in booting to the windows desktop, if i uninstall the software things return to normal. I've never used a ups before, & was wondering if this is whats supposed to happen or is there a problem somewhere ?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Soldato
Mine does that too. Adds about 40 seconds to the boot time. No biggie in my opinion. I bought 3 in the shop on Saturday morning and I had to bring the car round - first time ever. The guy behind me bought 3 as well and we just stood there looking at the huge pile of boxes being brought out. It only keeps my 580W rig running for 3 minutes, but that's plenty to shut the system down properly.

These are the bargain of the century. You'd pay this kind of money for a surge-protected 4-gang adapter, never mind a full blown UPS.

Soldato
Im thinkin about getting one of these,, how meny watts would you say my computer uses guys? am going to have my pc, monitor and router plugged in to this. See sig for my system

Associate
Hi there speedy 2004, if i connect my pc as detailed in my signature, no monitor or anything else connected, to the 500VA Belkin ups it is unable to provide sufficiemt backup power to keep the pc switched on. Your specs also look as if they're power hungry, so i would say that the 500VA Belkin ups would be unable to cope.

I have a second far less power hungry pc (2.8GHz skt478 P4, 512Mb, Geforce 2 graphics, 2 optical drives, 1 hard drive) that the 500VA Belkin can handle correctly, this is with a 19" tft monitor also connected to the ups.

As a rough guide my main pc pulls around 275W maximum under load, my second pc (which is overclocked fsb= 216MHz) and 19" tft together draw around 200W maximum.

Back
Top Bottom