BenQ XL2410 120Hz 3D LED official thread

Associate
I am hopefully going to receive my third replacement today. Its not a brand new one but should have been checked over by there service department. If I'm not happy with the backlight on this I want my money back.
I've also just ordered the Asus to compare it with. It will be interesting to see them side by side.

Associate
I am hopefully going to receive my third replacement today. Its not a brand new one but should have been checked over by there service department. If I'm not happy with the backlight on this I want my money back.
I've also just ordered the Asus to compare it with. It will be interesting to see them side by side.

Did you get the asus? Im intrested in what you make of it compared to the benq

Seirrah

S

Seirrah

1) With a VGA to HDMI converter could I link my laptop (in addition to my
desktop) to use Picture-by-Picture? (do any other 120hz screens have PBP?)

2) My 2233rz is currently awaiting an exchange under warranty (for the second time in a week as the company samsung use are awful), which I may then sell...is this BenQ screen a worthwhile replacement/upgrade?

Associate
Much prefer it to the BenQ. Im keeping it and gona try and return the Benq for a refund.
Shetlander - are you RMAing direct with OCUK or with BenQ? Also, how long after buying the monitor did you begin the RMA process. The backlight bleed and 3D performance on my unit simply isn't up to scratch but it's been a couple of months since purchasing now ..

Associate
1) With a VGA to HDMI converter could I link my laptop (in addition to my
desktop) to use Picture-by-Picture? (do any other 120hz screens have PBP?)

2) My 2233rz is currently awaiting an exchange under warranty (for the second time in a week as the company samsung use are awful), which I may then sell...is this BenQ screen a worthwhile replacement/upgrade?

To use PBP you need to have one input to the monitor as HDMI and one input as either DVI or VGA.

Associate
Got mine today and I have to say I'm impressed, I thought it will be worse quality.Nice LCD tho and I'm quite happy I bough it.No bleeding, sharp and clean picture.
The only one thing I don't like so far - there is no button to quick change of picture mode like in Samsung Monitors.

Associate
Much prefer it to the BenQ. Im keeping it and gona try and return the Benq for a refund.

Im abit late in reply but i saw your post in another thread about why u like the asus over the benq and u convinced me to keep my asus :)
But then again if i got the benq instead of the asus then i prob be wondering if i should have went with the asus :D

Associate
I remember having had problems getting it to accept anything more than 1024x768 resolution @ 120hz when I initially purchased my BenQ XL2410T monitor. Reinstalling drivers for it don't seem to work.

Either way, I need to know how, since I snapped up one of the Asus 6950 1Gb Direct CU II for £162 that OCUK were doing yesterday. Replaced my Asus 6850.

Behaving identically on both DVI ports, only one of which (I think) is a dual head port.

Bleh.

Anyone any clues?

Associate
I cannot put the monitor to fullscreen at 1280x720. Is this a know issue?
This applies to somer other res as well (see below).

OK = Fullscreen
FAIL = FAIL (no Fullscreen)

800x600 OK
1024x768 OK
1152x864 FAIL
1152x864 FAIL
1280x720 FAIL
1280x768 FAIL
1280x800 FAIL
1280x960 FAIL
1280x1024 OK
1360x768 FAIL
1366x768 FAIL
1440x900 OK
1600x900 OK
1600x1024 FAIL
1680x1050 FAIL
1920x1080 OK

Associate
I just got one of these and was advised to instead get the XL2420 which I was considering doing by using DSR and sending this one back.

I've tried it out though, and can't seem to see any problems that make me question the quality, the backlight bleed doesn't seem to be bad, but then I don't know how bad is bad.

One thing I did notice, when moving around in a FPS (TheHunter) the trees seemed to jerk with your movement, it didn't feel fluid. But I had forgot about it after a while, so I wonder if its just what happens..?

Does anyone still use one of these monitors and can share their opinions?

I'm also trying to get the best settings possible so I can make a fair judgement on it before I decide to DSR it. Could someone share some good settings? I'm using a Nvidia card so have access to the Nvidia colour settings also.

Cheers
David

Back
Top Bottom