BenQ XL2420T Now available

Soldato
No need to the settings that came with it all on 50 with adding digital vibrance to 70 makes it perfect.

Sorry to be blunt but my point is that the factory defaults may not have been what your monitor was set to 'out of the box' - hence wanting to see what they actually were on your monitor. And after extensive testing to my trained eyes and using calibration equipment there is no way on god's green earth the settings are 'perfect' without changing anything else. They may look good to you but you originally came here saying you were not sure why people are 'messing with the settings'. I can assure you that if you are using Digital Vibrancy at '70' then you don't have the kind of critical eye for colour that others might have who aren't happy with the settings. That's not necessarily a bad thing but it answers your original question as to why others feel the need to 'mess with' the settings. :)

Permabanned
Sorry to be blunt but my point is that the factory defaults may not have been what your monitor was set to 'out of the box' - hence wanting to see what they actually were on your monitor. And after extensive testing to my trained eyes and using calibration equipment there is no way on god's green earth the settings are 'perfect' without changing anything else. They may look good to you but you originally came here saying you were not sure why people are 'messing with the settings'. I can assure you that if you are using Digital Vibrancy at '70' then you don't have the kind of critical eye for colour that others might have who aren't happy with the settings. That's not necessarily a bad thing but it answers your original question as to why others feel the need to 'mess with' the settings. :)

Point taken, ill try different settings and see if it's any better for me.

Soldato
PCM2 - Run a proper calibration on a nVidia card dammit :p

I got the hint before - but that is unlikely to happen just at the moment. ;) I do want to acquire some sort of Nvidia test system to compliment this AMD one but at the moment I just have a mobile platform which isn't really very useful for testing settings and calibration. :p

@Leeroy123

I would try different settings but if you do feel that you like things the way they are (out of the box plus Digital Vibrancy) then don't feel bad about it. I didn't mean to be brash with my last reply. You have to go by your eyes and tastes and it may well be that you like the settings that way.

Associate
Just thought I'd say that I've had this monitor for 2 days now and so far I'm extremely pleased & happy with it! I think I made the right choice (with PCM2's help)
Had a bad experience with an ASUS PA238Q IPS monitor before buying this monitor, it had terrible edge LED light bleed which led to very bad uniformity of blacks & colours in huge segments of the screen (mainly in the top right & bottom right hand corners) I was also disappointed with gamma & contrast ratio (lack of black depth)

Anyway I'm very pleased with the black depth & colour reproduction this TN panel can produce. Gaming @ 120Hz has made a big difference too, it's so smooth now (no more picture tearing for me :) )

I just wanted to make sure that I've setup it up OK? I'm new to calibrating and setting up monitors.
So far I have downloaded and installed TFT's ICC colour profile from their website, I've setup & saved both PCM2's and TFT's calibrated / recommended picture settings.
I like both but TFT's settings look better - is this due to the fact that I'm using TFT's ICC colour profile?

I have not changed any settings on my nVidia graphics card yet.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Anyone sitting on the fence about this panel, all I can say is buy one! You won't regret it.

Top service from OC'ers too, it arrived next day as promised (First time customer/buyer)

WKN

WKN

Permabanned
Considering DSR this monitor now for a cheap Asus screen, Been a couple days now and colours are still looking washed out, After installing all types of ICCprofiles/calibrations I'm not impressed.

Soldato
@ Stuart

Good to see you are happy. The TFT Central profile was created using an Nvidia GPU so will undoubtedly work better than my setting specifically tailored to AMD GPUs.

@ Everyone wanting me to provide calibration on an Nvidia system

See my previous post. It is a possibility for the future but it is quite a commitment (time and money) and is not something to hold your breath for. And emailing me via my website isn't going to change this decision ;).

Associate
Considering DSR this monitor now for a cheap Asus screen, Been a couple days now and colours are still looking washed out, After installing all types of ICCprofiles/calibrations I'm not impressed.

took me a few days but i,m more than happy now with mine:)

i can try and help you if you like to try how i have it now before you do,if you has ts i can send you my clan ts details and i even talk you threw it:D

WKN

WKN

Permabanned
took me a few days but i,m more than happy now with mine:)

i can try and help you if you like to try how i have it now before you do,if you has ts i can send you my clan ts details and i even talk you threw it:D

Lets give it a try mate, I don't have TS sorry do you want to talk through steam? http://steamcommunity.com/id/glockitup Dinner is ready soon so if i don't reply give me 10 mins ;)

Soldato
I tried the TFT central settings and hated them personally. Just go with personal preference.

The TFT Cental uses a brightness of 5 and quite frankly it's like looking through muddy water. I do not care what professional calib equipment says if to me it looks naff.

Last edited:
Associate
I've got to say, one of the best things about having a new monitor is how clean it is.

I've never understood how to clean a LCD, the wipes you buy just seem to add more marks.
How do you guys clean your lovely BenQ's? I'm too scared to try anything in case I make it worse!

Or will it never look as perfect as it did when I bought it?

Associate
ocuk sell some antec cleaning stuff with microfibre cloth... this works very well

i too am anal about having a clean screen... other stuff leaves streaks, the antec stuff doesnt

I will take your suggestion then :). Seems the right stuff as you're anal about it.

For now however, I just tried one of the cloths you get with glasses on one of my other older monitors (Syncmaster 226bw) and it seemed to do quite well :o. Still not sure if i'd try it on the BenQ ha.

Back
Top Bottom