Best 240mm AIO cooler in the £60-80 range?

Man of Honour
Artic freezer 2 is one of the best performing but check clearances as it has a thicker radiator than most.

If you fancy a budget cooler then the

Thermalright Frozen Prism is great value at £45.​

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I went for the DeepCool LS520. Just waiting for my case to arrive then I will report back.

It’s my first AIO - any tips or things I should be aware of? The radiator will be mounted across the top.

Last edited:
Soldato
I went for the DeepCool LS520. Just waiting for my case to arrive then I will report back.

It’s my first AIO - any tips or things I should be aware of? The radiator will be mounted across the top.
Are you using the fans for in or out? Im assuming as at the top out, so are you going to push or pull through the rad. I am pulling in my setup so the fans are next to the case and then the radiator is below them in the case. This makes cleaning easier as I only have to worry about cleaning the face of the rad I can easily see and access.

Soldato
OP
Are you using the fans for in or out? Im assuming as at the top out, so are you going to push or pull through the rad. I am pulling in my setup so the fans are next to the case and then the radiator is below them in the case. This makes cleaning easier as I only have to worry about cleaning the face of the rad I can easily see and access.
I just installed it and I am using them to push air up and out the radiator/case.

Is the DeepCool supposed to be quite noisy? The fans sound like jet engines when they spin up! and they seem to spin up a lot.

Soldato
I just installed it and I am using them to push air up and out the radiator/case.

Is the DeepCool supposed to be quite noisy? The fans sound like jet engines when they spin up! and they seem to spin up a lot.

yeah, I changed the fan profile to combat the noise when they spin up.

Soldato
i just made the mistake of buying a thermaltake one that was on offer.... neither fans LEDs worked, and the PUMP Led woulndt work from the motherboard header only the supplied sata controller. being RMAd and i think will go for the deep cool, its only for my 2nd pc 8th gen i5 so its more for looks than function..

Soldato
Thanks, set the fan curve and it's much better.

Are these normal temps for the 5800x3d? When gaming I have seen temps hit 80c?

i run my 5900X in ECO 65W mode. I lose a little performance but when gaming I’m in the 40-50c range.

but 80c does still seem a little high.

Soldato
OP
i run my 5900X in ECO 65W mode. I lose a little performance but when gaming I’m in the 40-50c range.

but 80c does still seem a little high.
And thats with the -30 CO undervolt too... I may reseat the cooler and apply new thermal paste. I used the stock one that was pre-applied.

Back
Top Bottom