Best action film ever made?

Man of Honour
SoliD said:
going on from this what is the best action scene in a movie ever?

I was watching heat this morning, and thought the bank robbery scene was just the epitome of action, the sound, the sights, the guns, the death, everything that is needed in an action film.

Heat shootout is a bit cliched now (although admittedly very good). I quite like the assault in Cyberdyme Systems in T2, and from The Rock I love the car chase and also prison shootout when they are surrounded from above. The dogfight in Top Gun is good because it's the sort of thing you don't see very often. Then you have got the village assault in Predator, with Jesse "The Body" Ventura going ape**** with a minigun. So a lot to choose from!

Best buildup/toolup scene is a bit more straightforward for me however. When Ripley is kitting herself out to take on the Queen in Aliens, it makes your mouth drool in anticipation. Grenade launcher strapped onto a flamethrower? Yes please! I think in some ways Sigourney Weaver was the ultimate female hero in that film - she just seems as hard as nails, doesn't need to rely on male assistance and is completely believable in her role.

Soldato
HangTime said:
Best buildup/toolup scene is a bit more straightforward for me however. When Ripley is kitting herself out to take on the Queen in Aliens, it makes your mouth drool in anticipation. Grenade launcher strapped onto a flamethrower? Yes please! I think in some ways Sigourney Weaver was the ultimate female hero in that film - she just seems as hard as nails, doesn't need to rely on male assistance and is completely believable in her role.

Absolutely agree 100%. I think Aliens has to beat any die hard or terminator for me (which is sacralige as im a huge arnie fan!). The film is just so perfectly put together - great story, characters, ideas, acting, action, and dynamics. I dont think any other action film has come close in terms of getting everything as perfect as it was in Aliens.

Associate
Aliens! enough said!

" Hey vasquez have you ever been mistaken for a man?"
"No have you?"

its got all out action and great comedy lines too, its perfect!

"right guys no armour piercing rounds, just flame rounds only"
"what the hell we gonna use now, harsh language!"

Permabanned
I watched Robocop last night again, what a film, the scene at the petrol station, where you can see Robocop walking just as the explosion starts :eek:

Also the music that plays when Robocop goes into his mean mode, its played about 5 different tempos during the whole film, awesome.

Associate
For me its definately the Rock. Considering how awesome that movie is it gets very little appreciation. Sean Connery, Nic Cage and Ed Harris in one movie. The music score is amazing as well.

Soldato
Aliens
Batman
Raider of the lost Ark - "We meet again Dr Jones"
T2
Commando - "Let off some steam Bennet"
Predator - "Get to the chopper!" classic :D

All films I loved as a kid and never got tired of watching.

Back
Top Bottom