Best Amiga game ever?

Soldato
I was going to post that the game Oids! was the best game the Amiga never had, only to find out that some git reverse engineered the game and made an Amiga version in 2014. Why? It was all the ST had over the Mig, can't it even have that any more?

Soldato
I was going to post that the game Oids! was the best game the Amiga never had, only to find out that some git reverse engineered the game and made an Amiga version in 2014. Why? It was all the ST had over the Mig, can't it even have that any more?
Don't forget super sprint.

It's possible it was fan recreated as well on the Amiga but back in the day it was ST exclusive on 16 bit iirc

Soldato
So many fantastic Amiga games but the one I will always remember is the first I played - Project 1

I only ever managed to get to around level 23. Hard to believe someone completed it in 30 mins. Though the lives seem to go up when he dies sometimes. edit, he used savestates, cheating!

Soldato
I named Carrier Command a few pages back, but I'd completely forgotten Midwinter and Midwinter 2 - Flames of Freedom.
A friend showed Midwinter 2 on he's Amiga and it absolutely blow me away with it's scale and depth. The idea of being able to run around all these islands and jumping into cars, boats and flying submarines was staggering as at that time 95% games were linear and didn't allow for much player freedom.

Saying that though the game hasn't aged well at all. The framerate is woeful, the controls and interface are awkward and the difficulty curve makes it unappealing.

Last edited:
Associate
Love these threads, and probably posted on this back in 2006.

All been said before

Agony (i still whistle the music today)
Shadow of the beast (as above) -- both HARD AF!
cannon fodder (its my gamer tag now) - not very colourblind friendly though.
Hunter - i had no idea what i was doing, but it was the first 3D game id ever played. i still remember you could get off the bike while riding, and it would cycle on forever on its own.
Walker - that was good, very crashy though, could have been my dodgy copy though :rolleyes:
Speedball 2, naturally.
Gods
Another world was re done on the PC i think, same game but with higher res backdrops.

So many good games, i might have to look at emulators!

I was rubbish at games, (and still am), so i never made much progress with any of them.

There was this one game i remember, you sort of flew through the body, there were blood cells etc flying about... no idea what the aim of the game was, i probably didnt know then, but ive never been able to figure out what it was.

EDIT... It was Vaxine!! -- looks a bit rubbish now though

Soldato
Zarch it was called on that and yes I agree it was really good. A "modern" version was released on pc and PS1 and that was ok too. I actually bought that back in. The day. Dunno where it is actually, may be in the attic

Soldato
There were so many good games on the Amiga. All the different game types had a number 1. I've had to have a quick look up on a fruit titled Amiga site to refresh my memory of some of the games I liked.

All the Monkey Island games, Settlers, Civilisation series. Another World and Flashback, Cannon Fodder, all the Sensible Soccer games. I liked football games back in the day both playing the game and the management site too. Lemmings! I remember Chaos Engine like OP said. I think that was the last great game to come out on the system.

I had an Amiga 500 + the 1 meg upgrade. Then later bought the Amiga CD32 (the first 32-bit cd based system in the world). There was an enhanced version of Chaos Engine on the CD32.

I don't know why some of these games aren't remade/remastered these days. Surely they have ran out of copyright by now? Some of them anyway.

Back
Top Bottom