Best antenna for Huawei B525 mobile data SIM router

Associate
OK, so you want to disable the WiFi and ethernet? So how will any other device connect to it?

Sorry, maybe I'm missing something.

Maybe you want to disable DHCP and use a fixed IP address? Is that what you want to do?

Associate
I just need to put the router into modem only mode / bridge mode - this will stop the router from routing traffic, and instead just act as a dumb modem.

‘Modem only Mode’ can be used when you need to support a second device on your network which will carry out a NAT and DHCP function. For example:
  • A second router
  • A Firewall

As part of modem only mode / bridge mode, the WiFi will automatically be disabled, along with the routing capabilities. Routing is then handled by the Google WiFi devices instead, which connects to the dumb modem via ethernet.

Associate
Associate
I bought mine from Amazon and it has bridge mode.

Mines running firmware: 11.189.63.00.1217

Thank you. Mine looks completely different to yours, and on a lower version with no updates available:

B535-232
Current version: 10.0.1.1(H191SP4C983)
No new versions available

RSR

RSR

Soldato
What version of the B525 is it? B525-23a or B525-65a

It should say on the sticker on the bottom.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
That's a different model then to mine, so not sure if the firmware upgrade would work.

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I recently got a sim only unlimited job as I am ditching the broadband soon. Through BT (I live rural) I can only get 5Mbps down and less than 1 up. I have now setup the router in the loft at a good signal, when I log into the router it says its 75%.

Im getting around 17 down and 17 up on average, with best case over 30 down. I was wondering if the outdoor aerial would make the difference?

The brother-in-law up the lane here had a company fit what looks like a satellite dish near the tv aerial and says he used a sim only with EE. Reckons he gets between 40-70 down.

Soldato
Yep sorry to jump in but just to say I use a regular phone SIM in my Router and it's fine. I was like others, initially using an overpriced plan specifically for Tablet devices. I spoke to my friend before renewing, who knows people working at EE. They said it's not a problem that they can see putting a regular phone SIM in a Router. They do not throttle or reduce throughput. All they said was if you started using 100's and 100's of GB of data they may put you on a Business plan. But yeah, they knew of no reason. I think if you went PAYG it may be a different story as in the T&Cs it states if you don't use the phone / SMS features, the card will be deactivated. On a Pay Monthly plan, you don't have that issue in the T&Cs.

Hope this helps. :)

Back
Top Bottom