Best house flea killer

Soldato
Allo - we have a cat that visits us quite often, but he has a lot of fleas and some these have found there way into our house.

Best house treatment? Can't treat the cat (he's not ours) so want to get rid of the house ones, but need a product that's not toxic to cats.

Thanks

Soldato
wF24tor.jpg

Does exactly what it says on the tin

Edit

It seems it's no longer available now, lucky for me I've got a few tins spare.

Last edited:
Associate
Seems you missed a bit of the op :p
I wouldnt class it as a treatment, If the cat is covered in fleas it would appreciate it. DE is totally harmless to cats. I would say having someone elses cat in your home is a worse "crime" than putting some DE down. What about if you put a cat bed outside with DE in it and the cat decides to lay in it? Would you class that as a treatment?

Soldato
Best off treating the source AND the house. Frontline used to be really good for treating the animals, But i'm sure i read it wasn't as efficient anymore

Soldato
Stop letting random cats into your house. If you want a cat get one, then flea drops every month will do.

We've used the scone bomb things and they seem to do the trick.

Soldato
Best off treating the source AND the house. Frontline used to be really good for treating the animals, But i'm sure i read it wasn't as efficient anymore
Frontline Plus is still the best - but you need to treat outdoor cats monthly.
Our indoor cats get flea'd and wormed every 3 months, but my dog gets treated every month because she spends time outdoors.

My wife's a hobby breeder (Persian/Exotics) and we usually get our animal treatments in bulk for the year from either Ukraine or New Zealand. However PetDrugsOnline currently have a buy 1, get 1 half price deal, which is good value for flea treatment: https://www.petdrugsonline.co.uk/frontline-plus-flea-tick-treatment-for-cats

If you're going down the route of flea treating, then I highly recommend worming, too. Panacur paste is effective and safe (and cheap): https://www.petdrugsonline.co.uk/panacur-oral-paste-treatment-for-worms-in-dogs-cats

Soldato
I feel your pain regarding fleas. If there is one living entity which if I could universally wipe out in with a snap of my finger it would be fleas, and I would not give it a second thought. When I had cats I used Frontline, but whenever I found one on the cat I would take great delight in popping the little **** between my thumbnails, especially good if it was one that had apparently just had its last meal.

Soldato
I feel your pain regarding fleas. If there is one living entity which if I could universally wipe out in with a snap of my finger it would be fleas, and I would not give it a second thought. When I had cats I used Frontline, but whenever I found one on the cat I would take great delight in popping the little **** between my thumbnails, especially good if it was one that had apparently just had its last meal.
It's always amazed me how tough the little buggers are - the only bug that beats them is the Asian cockroach. I accidentally ran one over with my wheelchair on Koh Phi Phi - instant regret (because I really didn't want bug guts & eggs on my hands) turned to utter amazement as my wheel seemed to reverse direction for a second, when the roach shrugged all 85 kilos of me (and chair) off it's back and carried on it's day...
*shudder*

Soldato
Stop letting random cats into your house. If you want a cat get one
This TBH.

You need to decide whether you're happy to continue pouring money into treatments for as long as you let the flea ridden cat enter your house. If so, then that's money down the drain IMO, at least until the cat has been treated.

I'd be tempted to put a flea collar on it with a little note on a tag which you can use to inform the owner of the cat's problem. If the tag is removed but the collar stays, then that just tells you the owner is quite happy to let you pay for the cat's flea treatment. If the collar is removed, then either the owner has given the cat some flea treatment (such as spot-on), or they simply don't care.

Back
Top Bottom