Best mouse/sensor for FPS right now (March 2017)

Soldato
Pretty much anything with a 3366 / 3360-derived, plus the Deathadder Chroma.

As for 'the best', it depends about you preferences. I know Roccat is making a 3360 mouse, there's also the G502, the G403 wired (I have) or wireless, G900, but also the Nixeus Revel, DreamMachine DM1 Pro S. The Deathadder still holds its own.

Then you have the 3310-based mice, like Zowies, Steelseries, Roccats, ect...

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks mate. Where can a person test these mice and get a feel for them? I don't know of any shops that offer this and I'd hate to buy mice and return them if I don't like the feel

Soldato
Steelseries (they have the Rival 500 ad 700 I believe with a 3360 sensor?), Razer (All deathadders pretty much the same externally), Logitechs are fairly common in the wild. For local stores, they may have a website, where you can check their availability in their local branch.

The rest (Revel, DM1) are almost exclusively online retailers. Zowies, probably too, although they can sometimes be find in store as 'pro gamer' items.

You can also abuse online retailer's return policies, where you can return a purchase within a week (or some other set time) of delivery. You will have to pay return shipping, arrange for a RMA, ect... Check their return policies first.

There may also be a online retailer nearby that can also demo products. Depends if you're near OcUK or not, and if you are, ask in the support forums.

Oh and avoid FinalMouse. Shoddy outfit, not worth the hassle.

Associate
Corsair M65/M65 RGB is excellent for FPS, but I am not 100% certain it has the best sensor. I've never had an issue with it playing CS:GO, but a lot of the pro players resort to a Razer Deathadder.

Associate
OP
I used a MX518 for around 10 years, then I switched to a G400S and yesterday I bought a G403 - so far so good!

To be honest with you there isn't much difference between all 3 of them, they are roughly the same to me

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Depends, my all time favourite is MT04, out of all the mice I had this felt the rawest and most true to my hand movement without any smoothing bs. Apart from that 3366 is probably the best at the mo...

I'm currently awaiting g102, has a new sensor apparently it performs like the gpro.

Man of Honour
Pretty much anything with a 3366 / 3360-derived, plus the Deathadder Chroma.

As for 'the best', it depends about you preferences. I know Roccat is making a 3360 mouse, there's also the G502, the G403 wired (I have) or wireless, G900, but also the Nixeus Revel, DreamMachine DM1 Pro S. The Deathadder still holds its own.

Then you have the 3310-based mice, like Zowies, Steelseries, Roccats, ect...

I still prefer the Avago 390 used on the first round of the FKs though the 3310 isn't bad. They have a predictableness I don't find in most sensors including the 336x.

The sensors on the Deathadders are usually very good but I've never got on with the mouse shape sadly - they've not proved to be the most long term robust either in my experience.

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you think I'd notice much difference if I upgraded my G5 to one of the above mentioned mice?
I'm currently playing Battlefield 1 and wondering whether to change.

To be honest, not likely, unless you have actual issues with your G5 (sensor doing weird stuff, double clicks, broken scroll wheel ...). Some faults are fixable (buttons, cable, maybe a scroll wheel replacement).

The closest for a G5 replacement (MX518 / G400 shape), I guess the G402 or G502? Both top tier mice. Probably seen in the pro circuit as well. I personally prefer simpler mice (why I went for the G403). G403 is basically in the same ballpark, even more minimalist. The shape is slightly different. Some have reported issues with the scroll wheels, mine is OK, if a bit loose.

Deathadders are comparable. Some complaints about the durability, and sometimes the shape (hump in the middle).

Last edited:
Associate
OP
So I went out and bought a Deathadder Elite, Zowie EC2-A, Zowie FK2 and G403.

Deathadder was too large for my hands but great sensor/control.
The G403 feels like the next step for me coming from MX518/G400S, the design is not far off both of those so works well, and the sensor seems on par with the Elite.
Zowie EC2-A is good, but sensor doesn't seem as advanced as the G403 (could be placebo/the way I hold the mouse).
Zowie FK2 is maybe a little bit too small, but performs the same as the EC2-A.

I'm no mouse expert but those were my observations, think I'll stick with the G403 for now.
There is also some decent information from a guy on YouTube under the name of Rocket Jump Ninja

Soldato
To be honest, not likely, unless you have actual issues with your G5 (sensor doing weird stuff, double clicks, broken scroll wheel ...). Some faults are fixable (buttons, cable, maybe a scroll wheel replacement).

The closest for a G5 replacement (MX518 / G400 shape), I guess the G402 or G502? Both top tier mice. Probably seen in the pro circuit as well. I personally prefer simpler mice (why I went for the G403). G403 is basically in the same ballpark, even more minimalist. The shape is slightly different. Some have reported issues with the scroll wheels, mine is OK, if a bit loose.

Deathadders are comparable. Some complaints about the durability, and sometimes the shape (hump in the middle).

Thanks for that, I've gone for a G403 as it seems to be a similar size and I definitely prefer the look compared to G402/502.
Hope I notice more accuracy with the sensor!

Associate
Chap on YouTube, rocketjumpninja does some of the best mice reviews you can find anywhere. Very informative and unbiased. He also has a top 40 list of fps mice.

Associate
The Final Mouse , seriously you will never want another after using it.
Feels identical to the famous mx518 in hand but the performance is amazing.

Back
Top Bottom