Best mouse?

V F

V F

Soldato
I have just ordered the old logitech M560, mainly because its white and will go with my current setup better. Since having the MX1000 I haven't really been impressed with any other mouse, I have the MX performance at the moment and its ok but its deffo nowhere near as good as the MX1000 and not worth the £60 -£70 price tag.

It seems to me that the manufactures are more bothered with making money rather then spending a bit of time designing and manufacturing a decent mouse. Since the mx1000 mouse, mice quality has gone down hill I think?

I wish I had bought a few MX1000's and put them away.

True, I loved the MX1000. Replaced the battery several times on some of them. It is my everyday mouse. One is still boxed up taken out to charge from time to time. There is a Logitech MX Revolution that is also boxed up that has never been used. Also taken out from time to time to charge.

I also loved the Logitech MX Laser/1100. I never game with these mice though, too heavy and the lift off distance is insane.

Some people really are manky with their mice. So disgusting! Clean them for god sake!

Soldato
The MX Revolution was the upgrade from the MX1000, but I still preferred the MX1000 having bought the MX Revolution aswel. Nothing has come close to the MX1000, I keep hoping though, but I dont think there ever will:mad:

V F

V F

Soldato
Yeah, the MX1000 is such a lovely shape yet so simple. I remember back in the PowerMac days lots of Mac users used those mice. Think I get about a week or two out of it before they need charged.

Unreal to think I’ve had these MX1000’s since 2005 - 2006 and are still great to this day.

The one problem I need to fix is to strip them down again and spray paint the black glossy plastic that once had the matt rubberised coating that has completely worn off.

Soldato
I received the Logitech m560 in white yesterday, and overall I think I will be quite happy with it. The 2 main problems with it, is that you have to install the setpoint software as the 2 side buttons dont do back and forward as default. Also with me having quite large hands, the mouse is a bit smaller then the Performance MX, but I think I will get use to the size difference over time.

But other them those 2 things, yeah its a ok mouse, the wheel is easier to wheel then on the performance MX and as for gaming for me its ok also, but I am not a hardcore gamer anyway. Oh yeah and it matches my setup very nicely in the white too. The Anywhere MX2 look real nice in the stone colour aswel, accept thats like £60-£70, but in design terms it looks very much like the m560.

2nk50cz.jpg

Heres a pic of the Anywhere MX 2 in the stone colour

15zp6dw.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I was thinking about returning the m560 and paying more for the MX 2 but it wont be a lot of difference to me if its the same size as the m560, It will feel better made tho as the m560 feel quite light and plasticy..

Heres a pic of it with my keyboard, its quite a good match..

2zhmuqx.jpg

Soldato
Loved my MX1000 too; last years until I launched it across the room, probable in some BF related rage :D

My G500 is also great, but the left click has failed. Fixed it, and it's double/triple clicking again. Wish I could just buy another G500!

Soldato
Well I have been using the logitech m560 now for a few weeks and yeah its a very good mouse, it wakes up even if you move the mouse a millimeter and the mx performance takes more to wake it up, the wheel is nicer and easier to roll then the mx performance, and I havent noticed any difference between the 2 mice for gaming.

The only down side that breaks the mouse, is that the left and right buttons are not split, so you cannot rest both fingers on the buttons and press 1 of them without the other button pressing at the same time.. So Im really thinking to change the mouse because of that silly and stupid problem that logitech messed up on... I have been thinking to remove the top cover and make a cut myself inbetween the left and right buttons.

Underboss
I'm replacing my G502 next year, few little niggles that are beginning to really get to me.

Might go back to an M65, best mouse I've ever had, bar the dodgy build quality with the double clicking LMB. The size and feel were spot on for my hand size and palm grip.

Soldato
Yeah logitech has had quite a lot ot double clicking issues over the years,, I had the problem with the mx1000 and the performance mx. I thought it was me being too heavy handed.:eek:

Associate
I am quite picky with mice, I went through quite a number of Logitch mice as they kept giving various button issues.

I've got a steelseries rival 300 and I can't recommend it enough really, faultless.

Soldato
Im going to try the "mx anywhere 2s" in light grey if I have to change again... I dont know why ocuk dont stock the various colours of the logitech range, as most people are into colour matching now, or I am anyway?

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok I have manage to find a mx anywhere 2 in the stone colour(hopefully it will still match the rest of my stuff ok) for £50. The measurements seem to be the same as the m560, accept the buttons are split on the anywhere2... I know, its a tad extreme to buy another mouse so the left/right buttons are split, but its bugging me. Anyway I will let you know what I think of it when I receive it,, fingers and toes crossed I will be happy with it.

Ah yeah,, only the Anywhere 2S comes in the light grey version, but there's very little other difference between the 2 mice

Just found a side by side pic of the m560 and the anywhere 2,, and as you can see, there is hardly any difference accept the Anywhere 2 is like double the price and supports Bluetooth.. crazy

1zd6hie.jpg

Last edited:

CSB

CSB

Associate
Every Logitech mouse I ever bought flaked out within 18 months. I've had this Roccat Kone Pure for 3 years and the thing is still perfect. It does interest me that no one is talking about Roccat.

V F

V F

Soldato
Every Logitech mouse I ever bought flaked out within 18 months. I've had this Roccat Kone Pure for 3 years and the thing is still perfect. It does interest me that no one is talking about Roccat.

How did you manage to do that?

Associate

I always mention Roccat. My fave mouse is the Kone Pure. Amazing shape and weight.

Soldato
At one time (fair decade ago) indeed had couple Logitech's in which button failed in couple years.
But by not recognizing press well instead of double clicking.

Before and after they've been very durable.
I think it was after those I also had one Roccat Kone, which also didn't last longer.

Back
Top Bottom