Best savings account?

Soldato
One question, say you have to declare taxable interest one year, does that mean you'll have to do a declaration every year even if you are below that taxable threshold

Soldato
Ecology Building Society emailed me recently to say they were putting my interest rate up to 4.25% from 3.75%, which was a surprise since most other companies have been reducing rates lately!

Associate
Anyone using Trading 212 for a long time? Looking to open a S&S ISA with them and also enticed by their cash rate of 5.2% and just seeking opinion for long term hold with them vs the established players like Vanguard and Co.

Caporegime
Anyone using Trading 212 for a long time? Looking to open a S&S ISA with them and also enticed by their cash rate of 5.2% and just seeking opinion for long term hold with them vs the established players like Vanguard and Co.

I use them. But it's all I've ever used.

I think they have a new customer cash reward thing too at the moment?

There are also refferal codes... Just saying! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I need to look into this too. I currently have a S&S isa with Vanguard with around 22k and the account fee is 0.15% pa so only around £30pa. There's a fee for the ISA too but its minimal. I don't imagine moving to T212 would save me much at this stage but could become a factor later.

Soldato
I've just opened the ISA as I had my stocks and shares ISA with Vanguard but the new rules allow me to pay into more than one at the moment, and I'm slowly moving my assest from my trading account to my isa account but I've been using the trading account for a while now.

The cash rate I think; is money market related if it's the same as the normal trading account... it the terms that they will invest the cash for you into bonds, foreign debt and saving accounts. If they put it in a savings account and you already have 85k with that bank, the money will not be protected.

edit: yub it is... https://helpcentre.trading212.com/hc/en-us/articles/15475153380637-Higher-interest-rates-on-cash

Last edited:
Soldato
There's a T212 Cash ISA coming in May 5.2% variable with full FSCS protection - money held in client money bank accounts not using QMMFs like in the S&S ISA

Siiiiiccckkkk

Man of Honour
From a buy and keep perspective with Fidelity, would OEICs or ETFs be better? On ETFs you can directly buy Vanguard funds.

Last edited:
Soldato
From a buy and keep perspective with Fidelity, would OEICs or ETFs be better? On ETFs you can directly buy Vanguard funds.
Iirc the main difference is that ETFs are priced constantly vs. oeics which is twice a day. For a long term hold it doesn't really matter? I don't know exactly tho.

Caporegime
Incoming noob question as I haven't done it before.
If you use t212 cash isa (ie deposit 100) and then move funds (same 100) from cash isa to S&S isa does that count as using 200 of your isa allowance?

Back
Top Bottom