Best savings account?

Soldato
Never transfered an ISA between banks before....
But I transfered an ISA from my bank to T212, started on the 24/05/2024. My bank did it's business on the 30/05/2024 and the money was out of my account.
8 Days later and still nothing in my T212. If I knew it would have taken this long; I would have just taken the cash out of my old isa and put it in manually. Yeah I lose the ISA tax wrapper on it but it's such a small amount, I rather forfeited losing that ability to put in new money of that amount for the year than this waiting about for it to come in.

Anyone else done a transfer to T212... how long did it take?

Never transfered an ISA between banks before....
But I transfered an ISA from my bank to T212, started on the 24/05/2024. My bank did it's business on the 30/05/2024 and the money was out of my account.
8 Days later and still nothing in my T212. If I knew it would have taken this long; I would have just taken the cash out of my old isa and put it in manually. Yeah I lose the ISA tax wrapper on it but it's such a small amount, I rather forfeited losing that ability to put in new money of that amount for the year than this waiting about for it to come in.

Anyone else done a transfer to T212... how long did it take?

Yeah mine went through a week or so ago. It took about 7 days to complete and T212 emailed that it had arrived about an hour after it did.
From what i can tell it was there the day after ZOPA balance went to zero.
Well put it this way, Day 1 ZOPA balance was £x, Day 2, ZOPA balance was 0, and same day T212 (mid afternoon) said it was there.

T212 have stalled transfers though, you get a message to say too many, so could be they are swamped now that they are arriving.
Maybe they are checking something manually or something, who knows.

Soldato
the cash I've transfered to T212 has gone into the ether... I only did a small-ish amount to test how long it would take and the whole process has taken 3 weeks so far, the cash was transfered 2 weeks ago to them.

Just called up my old bank to confirm that the money has been sent and have a case open with T212 right now.

I guess this is how they can afford to pay a higher rate to some users, as they just don't process other users cash while it's sits there in their account getting interest.

There's no way of speaking to anyone either... going to give it another week then I'm going to raise hell... lol

Doesn't fill me with much confidence to move a large amount into them... used up all my isa allowance with Vangaurd and it took 3 days over a weekend.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've moved mine from an account that was paying 2.xx to 5.12 so in the long run it should be worth it... the bulk of my cash isas are in fixed term accounts and my savers are paying 5.15% and 7% so they ain't getting moved.

It's just the tax on savings interest as I'm near the threshold..

Soldato
Not on the website. I guess I might need to register. Was just seeing if they had not stopped the ISA or stopped it for a while as so many took up the offer.
Strange I can see it on the website but I'm on mobile

Menu>Trading ISA> in there I have option of S&S ISA or Cash ISA

Soldato
Soldato
the cash I've transfered to T212 has gone into the ether... I only did a small-ish amount to test how long it would take and the whole process has taken 3 weeks so far, the cash was transfered 2 weeks ago to them.

Just called up my old bank to confirm that the money has been sent and have a case open with T212 right now.

I guess this is how they can afford to pay a higher rate to some users, as they just don't process other users cash while it's sits there in their account getting interest.

There's no way of speaking to anyone either... going to give it another week then I'm going to raise hell... lol

Doesn't fill me with much confidence to move a large amount into them... used up all my isa allowance with Vangaurd and it took 3 days over a weekend.
I had no such problems, did multiple transfers and all showing within an hour.
Did you use the correct payment reference to transfer the money with?

Soldato
I had no such problems, did multiple transfers and all showing within an hour.
Did you use the correct payment reference to transfer the money with?

I did no such thing, I just filled in the form for a cash isa transfer asking for my old account details. which was obvs correct as the money has come out.
The cash transfer was in within 10 mins... this was to transfer an old cash isa.

Soldato
I did no such thing, I just filled in the form for a cash isa transfer asking for my old account details. which was obvs correct as the money has come out.
The cash transfer was in within 10 mins... this was to transfer an old cash isa.
Did you read the blurb. ISA transfers can take weeks. Cash is usually faster as in under 4 weeks but not always.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom