Best savings account?

I thought it said up to 2 hours.

So i guess it will show up in the balance here then move to General Investments?

I forgot...when is the deadline again?

t1VuWb2l.png.jpg
I think there is some detail/ambiguity ('available balance' versus 'invested in....' but it says as follows:
0KRhLbB.jpg

246c48c.jpg

Drinks on me, as I am 0.13% up already bois.

2 hours is just the standard wording when doing a quick transfer from your bank isn't it? Nothing to do with when it'll actually be processed by the receiver.

If I was starting a fund for my non existent kids (man, I'd have loved one).
I'd like to have say 20pc in cash isa and 80pc in markets . Maybe more in funds actually.

Imagine the leg up even 50 a month would be on even modest returns

Getting a deposit when I was 23 would have made my life completely different. I'd rather zero inheritance and 20k at 23 than 100k at 50.

Mine shows the same, except the Risk is 'cautious'.

It is a little disconcerting when a fast transfer can take two days, especially as it's gone from Chase but I'm confident it'll arrive safely.
I honestly had not idea when i set it up, i just just clicking Next, Next...yes, yes, selected the lowest risk one. :cry:

Last edited:
With the Nutmeg deal, did you guys just select the Fully Managed General Investment "pot" and then just smashing a grand in it?

Edit - Also, for those that are treating Chase as a payment type card (and possibly savings) for the 1% reward, are you just standing order (or similar) £500 in and out of the account every month to keep the 1% going?

Last edited:
I would say compounding interest in a savings count is quite bad unless you are getting interest rates higher than inflation. Instead of the investment you are making in your children's future growing over time in real terms, it is decreasing.
Exactly the same principle as your retirement planning and pension investments.

I would do what platinum87 suggests. That said, I probably wouldn't move the whole lot of existing cash into a fund tomorrow. I would probably drip feed it in over a year or so to average out the price I'm buying in at and avoid accidentally buying in at the top of the market.

I don't think I can transfer cash JISA to S&S JISA can I?

What I'm probably going to do is switch her monthly contribution to 100% S&S and just leave the cash JISA as it is with no further contributions.

With the Nutmeg deal, did you guys just select the Fully Managed General Investment "pot" and then just smashing a grand in it?

Edit - Also, for those that are treating Chase as a payment type card (and possibly savings) for the 1% reward, are you just standing order (or similar) £500 in and out of the account every month to keep the 1% going?
Personally I wouldn't use the Chase 1% as a permanent fixture to get that 1% back. I rather get a credit card with 1% cashback instead for the same value + protection. (Although i can only find Amex who does the 1% cashback and you need to spend £10k+, under £10k it's 0.5%, but the first 3 months it's 5% up to £100.)

I did use the Chase 1% card when my mechanic doesn't take Amex though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom