Best savings account?

Does anyone know of a no access (ie a locked) savings account for 1 year or 6 months where I can track savings on an app?

Im terrible at savings and always end up taking some out so I want it locked in, but not longer than a year?

Any ideas thanks :)

Does anyone know of a no access (ie a locked) savings account for 1 year or 6 months where I can track savings on an app?

Im terrible at savings and always end up taking some out so I want it locked in, but not longer than a year?

Any ideas thanks :)

I'd say there were plenty of options.

Here's one with Atom bank, they do 6m, 9m and 1 yr terms

You can always put some in each, so you have a rolling 3 month period where savings are freed up to re-invest or use at the time.

Last edited:
I will Still keep Chase though as I like the current account with the 1% interest that I have until next year.

I find that 1% interest in their current account a bit pointless, every day spending and bills is kept in the main account for sure, but anything extra/spare just goes straight into the Chase savings at 3.3%.

The 1% cashback is a great feature though, I'm already at £50 with them; with Amex I'd have had to wait an entire year for it, only to go back on as credit on the account.

I find that 1% interest in their current account a bit pointless, every day spending and bills is kept in the main account for sure, but anything extra/spare just goes straight into the Chase savings at 3.3%.

The 1% cashback is a great feature though, I'm already at £50 with them; with Amex I'd have had to wait an entire year for it, only to go back on as credit on the account.

Sorry I meant the 1% cash back, Im at about £15, had the account for about 3-4 months, don't use it all the time so pretty pleased with that, but as saying once thats expired, I may look elsewhere.

Last edited:
Sorry I meant the 1% cash back, Im at about £15, had the account for about 3-4 months, don't use it all the time so pretty pleased with that.

Yeah the cashback is fantastic.

Got my dad hooked on it now, he's been with the standard high street "normal" banks for years but now is really enjoyed Chase.

As above, just wish their rates would be a little bit quicker to change.

I'd say there were plenty of options.

Here's one with Atom bank, they do 6m, 9m and 1 yr terms

You can always put some in each, so you have a rolling 3 month period where savings are freed up to re-invest or use at the time.

that looks decent might throw some in that

Back
Top Bottom