Best savings account?

been using Chase but signed upto Chip was really quick process , will keep using Chase for the 1% cash back :)
Are you able to transfer funds from Chase to Chip? When I tried a few months back it wasn't possible, but Chase have joined the switching program since then I believe.

Last edited:
Things are getting stupid now with the one-upmanship. Kroo goes to 3.60%, Chip then up to 3.75%, Kroo to 3.80%, Chip 4.0%, Kroo to 4.10% now Chip to 4.21%.

Chase went quietly to 3.8% and Monzo is stuck at 3.7%.

All in the last 3 weeks.

Being a chip customer be like...

4kZT8db.png

Things are getting stupid now with the one-upmanship. Kroo goes to 3.60%, Chip then up to 3.75%, Kroo to 3.80%, Chip 4.0%, Kroo to 4.10% now Chip to 4.21%.
I'm waiting for Gibbo to come in and tell us about his coop rate that's completely and utterly unobtainable to anyone except long term customers who put about £10k through their accounts each month :cry:

I'm waiting for Gibbo to come in and tell us about his coop rate that's completely and utterly unobtainable to anyone except long term customers who put about £10k through their accounts each month :cry:

Still 4.50%, I put several hundred thousand through them and to get the upper rate you need 100k plus in the account, though under 100k is only 0.1% lower (4.40%). :)
Judging from past they seem to match the BOE rate around two weeks of the BOE updating, so we shall see. Hoping for 5%

Last edited:
I was quite happy with the raise to 3.8% by Chase last week. However Chip going up again to 4.2% is enough for me to move everything out of Chase after interest is paid next month

Is it quick and easy to move funds in and out with Chip?
I seem to remember having to link bank accounts with them.

Also although I don’t always trust review sites, Chips ratings are quite poor, poor customer service, moving money out issues, puts me off slightly.

Last edited:

Also although I don’t always trust review sites, Chips ratings are quite poor, poor customer service, moving money out issues, puts me off slightly.
It is as long as you do it all through a single linked bank account. Deposits and withdrawals have always happened within a minute.

Once linked bank it's been pretty much instant moving in and out

Last edited:
Looks like I need a short term cash savings rate. I'm Planning to build this up to 10-15k then buy myself a van in new year so fixes are out the window.

MSE suggests chip. And you guys seem to be on it. And it looks like they keep near or on top of the pile.

Any hoops to jump through?

Looks like I need a short term cash savings rate. I'm Planning to build this up to 10-15k then buy myself a van in new year so fixes are out the window.

MSE suggests chip. And you guys seem to be on it. And it looks like they keep near or on top of the pile.

Wasn't too bad to set up, I had a few issues sending money from the account I linked, but I think that was mainly security from my bank blocking it since I had a flurry of large transfers going through

Nope, you should be up and running in minutes. No fees, no min/max amounts, no need to have X amount of DDs or save X amount per month.

Back
Top Bottom